Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1025 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:sewistObsessed

About sewistObsessedstar
GA USA
Member since: 12/8/04
Posted on:2/28/09 6:36 PM
Last Updated:2/28/09 6:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

Unityrobb said... (9/18/10 8:33 AM) Reply
I am curious about a couple points in your review. You mentioned 4 inches of ease, when I measure the pattern and subtract for the pleats and the stated body measurement for the size, I came up with six inches of ease. Did you use the size for your measurements? I would think six inches of ease would be sufficient. The client I am going to make this for is a 'D' cup, and patterns are generally sized for a 'B' cup. I appreciate knowing I will need to lower the waist. I intend to stitch the pleats at a bit of an angle, taking them 1/8 deeper at the waist all the way around to remove 2" at the waist. I also think I will treat the pleats as if I were UNDERLINING rather than lining and stitch them AFTER the lining is installed so they will lie flatter with less bulk after pressing. Yours was a very helpful review. I will do a muslin and use two layers to make sure of the pleats and post the photo(s)
nicegirl said... (3/3/09 5:59 PM) Reply
Wow, all your work really paid off because I adore this dress. The pattern is going on my wish list stat.
eljay said... (3/2/09 11:45 AM) Reply
I just bought this pattern, so review was very helpful. Thanks
BeeBeeSew said... (3/2/09 9:53 AM) Reply
I glad to see someone make this successfully. I tried it last year with disasterous results. And I also noticed the really high waist - I added 4 inches and it was still too high. And huge waist - I took it in 5 inches and it still hung on me. Mine became a total wadder, I rescued the zipper (the only thing that turned out well) and trashed the rest. Looking forward to seeing this really done. Good luck.
mchick said... (3/1/09 5:22 AM) Reply
I keep looking at this pattern, and wondering how it translates on to a real body, so your review is very helpful. Actually I think your version looks much better than the pattern envelope, and I shall add this to my wish list, thankyou!
Tez said... (3/1/09 4:00 AM) Reply
Those pleats are perfect. Gorgeous dress!
Kaitlinnegan said... (3/1/09 0:41 AM) Reply
Wow, that is fantastic! I'd love to see it on you, after the work you did to get the fit just right. I love the print of the fabric, and the hot pink lining!
Kaitlinnegan said... (2/11/09 9:36 PM) Reply
Can't wait to see the finished version! I bet you will be glad you took the time to make such careful adjustments to the muslin. :D
said... (2/11/09 7:07 PM) Reply
The muslin looks great, can't wait to see the dress. It really reminds me of a J-crew dress I saw recently. vcute
renren said... (2/11/09 8:27 AM) Reply
You took a lot of care getting the fit just right and I look forward to seeing the final dress!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS