Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1013 (70's Styled Iconic Shirtdress)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:2/12/09 1:10 AM

melkington said... (11/27/10 1:08 PM) Reply
You've done a fantastic job on this...it looks VERY expensive too! Looks great on you!
rose4524 said... (8/3/09 0:38 AM) Reply
Very helpful AND entertaining review. What an awesome dress - great throwback look!
crazygrad said... (4/29/09 7:49 PM) Reply
"Baby, my heart is full of love and desire for you"(r dress)! (Love that song too)
michellep74 said... (3/1/09 0:00 AM) Reply
I'm not sure how I missed this when you first posted it, but I love it! This really is a great look on you. I have this pattern, too, and if I ever get around to making it, I'll definitely be referring to your review for help.
Nancy Anne said... (2/28/09 12:05 PM) Reply
What a wonderful, thorough review, and really stunning dress!
Lucy in Virginia said... (2/24/09 4:19 PM) Reply
Heather, I love your fabric! Nice dress; thanks for another great review!
CatMukai said... (2/20/09 1:41 AM) Reply
how did I miss this in the review gallery? I love it!
rose4524 said... (2/15/09 0:12 AM) Reply
Cool dress, creative and fun review!
Robin Denning said... (2/14/09 9:41 PM) Reply
Well your dress sure looks fantastic on you! You are fast! Even your confusion seems to zip by! It turned out great.
Beek said... (2/13/09 5:33 PM) Reply
What a fabulous dress! You look stunning in this style and the wonderful fabric!
LoriU said... (2/13/09 10:20 AM) Reply
Loved the links to almost-identical RTW dresses - of course, for many $$. Thank you for the fun and detailed review and your dress looks so cute on you!
meli88a said... (2/12/09 10:30 PM) Reply
This dress is fabulous! I love the cut, the fabric, all of it!
Olivia Sews said... (2/12/09 10:02 PM) Reply
This really is a great looking dress and very flattering on you! 20.00 should buy couture instructions that can be understood!!
Catbird said... (2/12/09 8:30 PM) Reply
Wow...you certainly had to take a long and winding road to achieve complete success on this one! Hot Patterns should be ashamed of themselves -- I agree with dvmcindy -- but they do come up with great patterns when all is said and done. You and your new dress look great!
Karen8320 said... (2/12/09 8:10 PM) Reply
Louella, I'd say that you are definitely dressed for suCCess! How great to see you in a dress and you look so lovely in it. Despite your minor frustrations on the way, this has turned out great. I loved the print of the fabric in your previous top and it really suits this style of dress. You look smashing!
Christas said... (2/12/09 5:22 PM) Reply
What a great review! The dress looks wonderful on you!
amy in mpls said... (2/12/09 12:09 PM) Reply
I love your dress, but too have been plagued by how oversized/or unshaped those HP's are! Your version is great though and what a great review!
CynthiaSue said... (2/12/09 12:07 PM) Reply
ok where do I begin...? My usual soapbox to complain about and scold HP for charging 20 bucks for horrible instructions and less than ideal drafting. For the price, both should be above reproach. I don't know if i've just never really read a whole review of yours or just finally let it sink in that the song titles really do match the theme of each paragraph you are discussing! HILARIOUS. "Don't Sleeve Me...??" and "Got Brass....."?? these are BRILLIANT! You should seriously consider righting a sewing book, same theme as Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, her hilariouis anecdotes on knitting. Yours would be a one of a kind bestseller. And this dress is so well sewn. I can't believe you are sitting there trying to point out problems in the neck placket. I still can't see them! And finally, this cut REALLY suits you! Sew many of them for staples in your wardrobe!
oracle said... (2/12/09 11:28 AM) Reply
heatherrique, you're a riot and that dress looks gorgeous on you. I've got the pattern and it's so great to see it made up one someone and looking so good. The fabric you've chosen really flatters you, too.
wendlesue said... (2/12/09 11:21 AM) Reply
Way cute!
crisford said... (2/12/09 11:11 AM) Reply
This is a great dress! I don't understand the return to the 70's but I can appreciate anyone pointing out the details of what came back and how it's just a little different. This looks absolutely classic and classy on you!
sewtime said... (2/12/09 10:58 AM) Reply
Love your dress,and the fabric is beautiful!
Byrdie said... (2/12/09 10:52 AM) Reply
The dress looks great on you! Thanks for all of the helpful information, including links to helpful sites:)
RLL said... (2/12/09 10:36 AM) Reply
You look incredible in this. Great job.
Kellie R. said... (2/12/09 10:04 AM) Reply
I love this fabric - it was great in your top and rocks as this dress! Have fun discoing!
Em's Summer said... (2/12/09 9:09 AM) Reply
I love your dress! You picked the perfect fabric for it! I agree with the others that the style and fabric are very flattering on you.
Sic said... (2/12/09 8:35 AM) Reply
Love it! Thank you for the detailed review!
Nancy K said... (2/12/09 8:05 AM) Reply
This is very flattering on you! I find that most of the pattern companies have sparser instructions these days so having additional sources makes sewing a lot easier.
Squeezylemon said... (2/12/09 7:22 AM) Reply
Another gorgeous outfit from you Louella! I wish I had your wardrobe....(sigh) I suppose if I worked as hard as you at your sewing I could! Yet another entertaining review, I think you should be a writer!
Twinset said... (2/12/09 3:28 AM) Reply
This style looks really great on you! Thank you for reviewing this dress.
Annette1 said... (2/12/09 2:46 AM) Reply
Another GREAT and ENTERTAINING review. :o) What a wonderful dress. It's a true classic, not only in style, but in colors, too. You look GREAT!
valerie sews said... (2/12/09 2:04 AM) Reply
Very nice style, in spite of the 'c'onfusion!
renren said... (2/12/09 1:21 AM) Reply
The math students noticed that whenever the winsome Ms. Heatherique wore her "c"razy 70s styled shirtdress, she gave an inordinate number of "C's"--C minuses, C pluses, and plain old C's--and they had the statistics to back it up. I LOVE THIS DRESS!!!

MariaDenmark 101