Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1015 (Riviera T-Shirt)

Reviewed by:Byrdie

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Judy Wentz said... (2/13/09 2:01 PM) Reply
Actually, I think that the fit does not look too bad, and that the neck is pretty much like it is supposed to be. jw
Olivia Sews said... (2/12/09 9:49 PM) Reply
I agree, they have great designs on their drawings but the patterns don't match the expectation. It's very disappointing. Especially for the price. BWOF is the way to go!!
Patti B said... (2/12/09 3:08 PM) Reply
How very annoying! And, no, you shouldn't have to redraft the pattern, especially at this price. Jalie has a boatneck on the old 2805 (I think that's the number) if you want to give it a shot.
katlew03 said... (2/12/09 2:01 PM) Reply
Sorry your top didn't turn out right. Perhaps you could redraft the neck opening by sewing up the shoulder little more and scooping out the neck a little and add a self-fabric band. I would try it on a fabric scrap or muslin first (Just cut out the top of the pattern front and back down about to the bottom of the sleeve opening). Or, use another pattern that you like as a template. Personally, I don't care for this type of neckline and find it awkward to wear but a lot of people do like it. I think your top looks nice and like the color.
Byrdie said... (2/12/09 1:06 PM) Reply
You guys are right. I don't mind making minor adjustments but it shouldn't be this much work to get the desired look. I think I'm done with HotPatterns. BWOF here I come!
li'l miss muffett said... (2/12/09 12:11 PM) Reply
This is so unfortunate, I really love their designs too but haven't hade much luck either. Poo. I guess I'll just stick to Jalie and Ottobre!
cabinbaby said... (2/12/09 12:09 PM) Reply
I've read several reviews of things like this. It's too bad because I love their line drawings and outfits but I don't think I'll buy a pattern. I've just decided to take the details I really like and put them on a BWOF pattern. Those seem to fit me well. Sorry you had this kind of experiences, it's frustrating.
piffle said... (2/12/09 12:05 PM) Reply
I have sworn off Hot Patterns. Between the vague construction directions, the lack of matching marks, and the vast difference between my shape and their shape -- I'm done.

Marfy 2762