Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8499 (MISSES' SKIRT AND PANTS)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

About Peggy Lstarstarstar
TN USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:2/15/09 5:06 PM
Last Updated:5/24/09 7:18 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

blue mooney said... (5/29/09 10:08 PM) Reply
Love the combination of casual style with luxe fabric! They look super - and black will go with all the great shirts you've been making!
renren said... (5/25/09 3:28 AM) Reply
Very nice and the fabric sounds delicious. If I ever go to Berkeley, I'm taking an empty suitcase to bring home fabric from Stone Mountain and Daughter.
Annette1 said... (5/25/09 0:46 AM) Reply
Very nice! I think you've got the fit JUST RIGHT on there. As for topstitching down the side seams and regretting it later: Been there, done that. :o(
Re Becca said... (5/24/09 9:11 PM) Reply
I like them with just a bit shaved off the sides, and the fabric does look fabulous.
blue mooney said... (2/19/09 6:45 PM) Reply
Ultra-casual vibe with these pants, and sometimes that's just what's called for! Very clam-digger-y. I like the way the black sobers them up just a little bit.
janetbrooke82 said... (2/17/09 11:34 PM) Reply
Mom - I like how you used the stripes, but I don't think they are very flattering. Capris make short people look shorter. I think you are right though - they may look better if you went down a size. I'm glad you tried something different!
KristenI said... (2/16/09 2:23 PM) Reply
I love these pants as I always like unusal and casual styles. Thanks for the detailed review. Enjoy the pants :)
Luckylibbet said... (2/16/09 1:37 PM) Reply
Cute! Love the idea of the contrasting stripes.
renren said... (2/16/09 9:54 AM) Reply
I also have been intrigued by this pattern, but it scares me. Anytime I try something avant garde like this, I feel a bit clownish while others can wear it with style and flair and look very artistic and chic. Maybe it's about confidence? You're definitely looking chic.
BillieJean said... (2/15/09 8:20 PM) Reply
Really cute pants. When I made mine last year I ended up taking about 2" out of each side back. The front fit, but I think it is the back that adds all the fullness.
PegL said... (2/15/09 6:20 PM) Reply
Very good and complete review! I'm going to have to adjust to this style I think. You're braver than than I am. I want to hear what your DDs think before I cast my final vote. ;>)
Peggy L said... (2/15/09 6:18 PM) Reply
Snaffles - I went down one size but they are still pretty roomy. Rhonda - these are way out of my comfort zone!!! I am turning the big 6-0 this year so am getting ready.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/15/09 6:07 PM) Reply
"If you are in the mood for something totally out of the ordinary, go for it!!" When I saw this outfit, I wondered if it was for you, Peggy... COOL!! I could take lessons from you about how to not look too conservative!! Enjoy the comments/compliments, eh!
snaffles said... (2/15/09 6:06 PM) Reply
Very good review. I have this pattern. Any idea how much to downsize it for pants? Or even the skirt (is it as oversized)?
Izzie said... (2/15/09 5:28 PM) Reply
Your pants turned out cute! I like the detail with the horizontal stripe..great idea.
Re Becca said... (2/15/09 5:27 PM) Reply
Very Cute, and very conservative for Montrose. I thought that you needed to be pierced to eat there... I love them, you could wear them anywhere.

Jalie 2566