Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB021WT (Weekender Travel Bag)

Reviewed by:Markie1

About Markie1starstarstar
Member since: 11/4/06
Posted on:2/21/09 0:38 AM
Hilary said... (9/8/10 11:46 AM) Reply
Great bags (and beautiful cake! yum!)! Your DDs are so lucky, I bet they LOVE their bags! Thanks for the great review.
Laura O said... (4/7/10 8:29 PM) Reply
I mostly sew bags but I swore I would not make this one after reading the reviews. But this weekend when I was shopping for new luggage I saw a 'weekender' and almost bought it. It was gray, and very simple and stylish but all I could think of was that darned Amy Butler pattern! Even though I really don't have the time right now, we travel a lot so I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and make one! And I have to tell you, my mother is a fabulous cake decorator so I recognize 'good' when I see it. You did a spectacular job with yours! You must be very artistic.
Catramsey said... (3/4/10 10:23 AM) Reply
Very detailed and helpful
3HoursPast said... (2/1/10 0:44 AM) Reply
Your bags are gorgeous. Wow.
Wilzmom said... (6/21/09 6:14 PM) Reply
I've also had this pattern for a while, nervous to start. You've inspired me! The bags are beautiful.
Elle D said... (3/7/09 9:52 PM) Reply
Brilliant, I LOVE your fabric choices. As much as I admire Amy Butler's fabric designs, they wouldn't work with my wardrobe. Suit fabrics, definitely. I have this pattern and will refer to your review when I get to it (must finish Speed Tailoring jacket first!). Thanks for the heads up on the updated instructions.
cindy-lou said... (3/6/09 10:03 PM) Reply
OMG, Markie, you are a total perfectionist-- and these two bags are TOTAL perfection! I love them. Bet your girls do too. And cakes too? Serious talent!!! :)
sasastorme said... (3/1/09 2:38 AM) Reply
Where can you download the new instructions? I am scared of sewing through all those layers.
nancy2001 said... (2/27/09 11:06 AM) Reply
Truly gorgeous bags. Beautifully made. I love the Fleur de Lis -- it adds the perfect designer touch.
Elona said... (2/22/09 10:25 PM) Reply
Gee, Markie, these are gorgeous!
cmarie12 said... (2/22/09 9:26 PM) Reply
...almost...I am almost pushed over the edge to purchase this pattern! *LOL* These are amazing bags and it is wonderful that you made such stunning bags for your relatives!
crisford said... (2/22/09 10:14 AM) Reply
Fabulous! Thanks for the great review and letting us know about the new improved instructions--I'm glad I waited. Your bags look so beautiful.
Meredith P said... (2/22/09 8:22 AM) Reply
Wow, beautiful bags! You did a beautiful job, with what seems to be a challenging pattern. Very helpful review. Gives me hope. And I love the cake too.
Peggy L said... (2/21/09 7:57 PM) Reply
Great bags - I am sure your girls were thrilled. Thanks for a very informative review. You make me want to tackle one of these.
jent said... (2/21/09 4:59 PM) Reply
I love this bag too - I made one and it's definitely worth the effort. I use it for the gym and get so many compliments. Good to know about the new instructions. I may have to try another one. Yours are gorgeous btw.
ConnieBJ said... (2/21/09 2:59 PM) Reply
Markie, those are so fab! I have had this pattern sitting for so long- and now you gave me a great idea for Easter gifts for my tribe of daughters!!
Diane E said... (2/21/09 12:59 PM) Reply
What AnneMarie60 said!! I am ordering this pattern right now. Love love love the bags you made for your daughters; lusting after the cake you made for your friend. Leaves RTW bags in the dust.
wineyjudy said... (2/21/09 12:57 PM) Reply
These bags are totally cute!! It makes me want to tackle a bag! Great work!!
FurGal said... (2/21/09 12:02 PM) Reply
These bags are fabulous! You did a wonderful job and the fabrics are perfect. By all means, please share your niece's bags with us. :D
Izzie said... (2/21/09 11:32 AM) Reply
Wow! Gorgeous bags. I love the fleur de lis detail and the way you split it on the outside pocket..the peace charm is a nice touch too. Your daughters will love these.
cindyann said... (2/21/09 11:11 AM) Reply
How lovely! Perhaps I should give it a go. The new and improved instructions make it tempting.
katlew03 said... (2/21/09 10:31 AM) Reply
Gorgeous bags. I'll have to make a couple to replace the old duffle bags of DH's that I now use for out weekend trips.
Patti B said... (2/21/09 10:13 AM) Reply
Wow. These are two gorgeous bags! I had been put off by the other reviews even though the bags turned out beautifully. Now, I'll reconsider.
AnneMarie60 said... (2/21/09 9:53 AM) Reply
Whenever I fly, I admire the swanky bags carried by some passengers as they make their way to their seats. If I had one of these bags, I would proudly carry it high and conspicuously as I sashayed my way to my seat. I adore tote bags in general, but these are masterpieces! I, too, love the fleur de lis design and the way you placed the appliqués so that the design peeks out from inside and outside of the pockets (more work, but more “wow” factor, too). Thanks for the detailed review and the helpful hints. BTW, the cake is fabulous! Your family and friends are lucky to be the recipients of your magnificent handiwork. Now I am off to buy AB’s weekender pattern!
Elke said... (2/21/09 8:52 AM) Reply
You did an awesome job resulting in two beautiful bags! I plan to try this pattern. Thanks for the tips (going slowly & web site adding directions)
MissCelie said... (2/21/09 8:40 AM) Reply
I want to cry they are soooo good and l love the fleur de Lis. I'm in the middle of mine right now waiting for my zipper to arrive from LA. I'm happy to hear the pattern worked well for you. It's making me hopeful that I can actually finish mine!
Rhoda K said... (2/21/09 8:35 AM) Reply
Just beautiful!
Lynnelle said... (2/21/09 8:26 AM) Reply
Great bags and great review. Well done!
Lori V said... (2/21/09 7:01 AM) Reply
These are amazing and the fabrics are stunning. The cake is wonderful, too. Great job, you are a talented lady.
Sigrid. said... (2/21/09 4:43 AM) Reply
Great bags, I'm making this pattern at the moment, but have hard time with it. Glad the pattern works so good for you.
SueV said... (2/21/09 1:12 AM) Reply
Great bags! Great review!! I have this in my sewing line-up and your review and suggestions will help immensely. Thanks said... (2/21/09 0:47 AM) Reply
wow, these look great! i have this pattern but it intimidates me :)
Christas said... (2/21/09 0:43 AM) Reply
Both of these are AMAZING! I have had this pattern for a very long time. I must admit I have been scared to tackle the pattern from all the reviews on it. Not only can you sew wonderful bags, you are quite the cake decorator too!

by: Nana27