Pattern Reviews> Mrs. Stylebook Magazine> 04-2002-Pull-out Pattern (Chinese-style Blouse)

Reviewed by:Jali

About Jalistar
SRI LANKA
Member since: 7/2/03
Posted on:3/2/09 11:21 AM
Last Updated:3/2/09 11:37 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

FreyaStark said... (12/15/09 7:03 PM) Reply
It's fabulous! A lovely blouse.
Jali said... (3/5/09 1:43 AM) Reply
Yes, knitlitcamper, I made it in cotton so I'd wear it more in the weather here. With regards to Mrs. Stylebook and many other Japanese sewing/craft books, there tend to be good detail in the illustrations. I felt it was out of my range too but after sewing for a while with pre-made pattern pieces, I could better figure out what goes where with the pieces of this blouse. JudiBee2 and j222b, I think it would be a delightful dress, maybe in brocade as well. And it could really work with the long tunic-length pattern (an extended version of this pattern, with long sleeves). But I can't really think of where I would wear it to.
knitlitcamper said... (3/4/09 2:07 AM) Reply
Wonderful sewing Jali. Beautiful top. Thanks for showing pics of all the details you put into this project. Looks so springy and comfy for warm humid weather. I am so impressed w/the PR members who make such great wardrobe pieces from these unique patterns (Mrs. Stylebook and other) w/untranslated instructions.
j222b said... (3/3/09 9:35 AM) Reply
Lovely-I have always loved this style-you wear it well! Might make a stunning dress as JudiBee2 mentioned.
sewtime said... (3/2/09 7:23 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse!!!!
renren said... (3/2/09 12:13 PM) Reply
I've been watching for the studs you promised us, and the studs have arrived!!! Very nice, as always, Jali!
JudiBee2 said... (3/2/09 12:05 PM) Reply
Thanks. That's is very interesting. You have provided so much information. I can see that could be versatile, even a dress.
Re Becca said... (3/2/09 12:01 PM) Reply
That is so cute! I love the fabric. Sketches with the untranslated instructions, what a novel idea!
Speech girl said... (3/2/09 11:46 AM) Reply