Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1207 (Bristol Blouse)

Reviewed by:FreyaStark

Textile Studio: 1207 by FreyaStark Textile Studio: 1207 by FreyaStark

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Cultured Purl said... (4/9/11 6:25 AM) Reply
I know this is late but I ordered this pattern based on your blouse and one other review I had seen, I wanted a very soft Italian styled blouse to tuck in to skirts ,I kept going back and forth between the LH Italian blouse and this one, , this one did become my choice eventually> Your blouse is gorgeous both the fabric and buttons! Your work is impeccable! Now,,,to find the right fabric,,,,,( thanks for the tip about French seams, also) I am a returning sewist and any heads up helps me greatly! PR is a great help to me these days,,,,,
Annette1 said... (3/2/09 2:00 PM) Reply
Oh my, what BEAUTIFUL fabric. It's like looking into a pool of water. Your blouse has such an elegant drape and looks so nice on you. I agree with you on the 3/8" seam thing. I prefer French seams too in instances like these. This is just lovely.
carolynw said... (3/2/09 9:53 AM) Reply
Love youir blouse - must get this pattern
Nancy Rhodes said... (3/2/09 8:33 AM) Reply
I particularly enjoyed the tidbit on the source of your fabric... What a great reminder of past travel. Lovely Lovely blouse!
Nancywin said... (3/1/09 11:12 PM) Reply
This looks really nice. The fit is very good too. Your fabric is gorgeous!
Ody said... (3/1/09 10:20 PM) Reply
The fabric is sumptuous, and I think the results are wonderful!
fourkid said... (2/28/09 9:49 AM) Reply
Great review and beautiful fabric!! I haven't tried it yet, but my sewing instructor teaches that silk organza works great as an interfacing in these situations.
Karla Kizer said... (2/28/09 8:24 AM) Reply
No need to cut a larger size to get wider seam allowances: just cut 1/4" away from the pattern edge and you'll be back to the customary 5/8" SA. That neckline does look wonderful, and I appreciate your mentioning adding length. Another pattern I should do something with...
renren said... (2/27/09 10:39 PM) Reply
Ah, this color is one of the loveliest there could be. I look forward to seeing the finished blouse.
Elona said... (2/27/09 8:23 PM) Reply
Beautiful color and buttons, and the blouse looks really nice as it is. I'm glad to see this pattern getting some recent action, for it seems to have been quite serviceable in the past.