Pattern Reviews> McCall's> M5323 (Wrap Blouse and sash)

Reviewed by:halleyscomet

About halleyscometstarstarstar
PA United States
Member since: 3/27/07
Posted on:2/26/09 9:32 AM
Pattern Size:Petite

Secretsugar said... (2/27/09 10:31 PM) Reply
When I first clicked on your photo, I thought this was a vintage-looking short wrap coat--maybe '40's era inspired. I was surprised to learn that it was a blouse pattern and I LOVE it! I'm disappointed to learn that the pattern is OOP, but maybe I'll try and find a similar pattern and use a "coat-y" fabric to recreate the effect. This really is so pretty to me! Love the color, too.
sewingstacy said... (2/26/09 9:47 PM) Reply
Great top, love the color!
Christas said... (2/26/09 5:22 PM) Reply
Your blouse/jacket looks so nice! I really needed your puffed sleeve adjustment on a blouse I recently made. Great job!
renren said... (2/26/09 12:31 PM) Reply
I like how you thought to reduce the sash width, the puffiness of the sleeves, and the cuff width. Those are not things I would think of changing, but I can see how doing so would truly customize the fit. I like how you confidently make such decisions. Very nice.
Re Becca said... (2/26/09 12:06 PM) Reply
Yes, I like your better. Your adjustments to the neckline and sleeves make it look more flattering. This looks fabulous.
EleanorSews said... (2/26/09 9:48 AM) Reply
Your blouse is just lovely and sounds as if you hit the nail on the head with the adjustments, especially making the cuff and sash more proportional and reducing the fullness of the sleeves.

J Stern Designs Womens Jeans Pattern