Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> No Pattern Used (No Pattern Used)

Reviewed by:lilyofthevalley

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 27 people

farahhabiba said... (3/31/09 8:26 AM) Reply
WONDERFUL I LOVE THIS ROOM SO MUCH
CynthiaSue said... (3/9/09 3:59 PM) Reply
i love that jelly roll! This looks regal, straight out of a period piece about The Tudors! Absolute mastery Lily. Laughed out loud at the cat shenanigans!
molecule said... (3/2/09 11:18 PM) Reply
Perfection!
renren said... (3/2/09 9:40 AM) Reply
Words fail me and I don't like resorting to cliche, so I will just say you have exceeded (our) expecations (of you). You really have outdone yourself, and that's saying something. Magnificent. And Early, even though you are adorable, please don't eat the fringe. Kitty's new motto is "Get up, Early, and take a nap."
cindyann said... (3/2/09 8:38 AM) Reply
Lily, what a lovely job you did decorating this room. Any guest would feel most welcome and comfortable. Beautiful work.
Braemar said... (3/2/09 3:52 AM) Reply
Lily, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this review, and viewing all your marvelous photo's! What more can I add to the comments......I echo everything that has been said! I envy the first guest to stay in such luxurious surroundings, they will never want to leave! Thank you so, so much for sharing! Mary Anne.
Nancywin said... (3/1/09 11:19 PM) Reply
I cannot tell you how much I LOVE this room. The room itself is darling, I love the furnishings, and all of the items you just made make it so special! It is cozy and elegant at the same time. Of course, your fat kitty will have the final say as to who gets to sleep there, but I, for one, would be delighted to stay in this charming retreat!
Ody said... (3/1/09 10:37 PM) Reply
Oh Lily, my mouth is tired of going ---"Oh, Wow!" on every photo! That is spectacular!!! I always said I wanted to come stay with you and I want you to know I think it is so thoughtful of you to prepare a grand place for me, cat included! To stay in that bed, I will even come and cook! I made our whole duvet and bed ensemble, but you put me to shame!! Sumptuous is the only word that covers it all. Such great tasted as well. You go girl!
Meggie LuLu said... (3/1/09 9:40 PM) Reply
WOW!!! WOW!! WOW!! Your guest bedroom looks AMAZING!! I LOVE the colors and the FABRICS you chose!! They make this room look very inviting!! Your work is IMPECCABLE!!
Christas said... (3/1/09 9:16 PM) Reply
The worst thing about this, Lily, is that you have created such a gorgeous place for your guests that they may NEVER ever leave! I am so impressed with all you have done. And..... wow..... a 22.8 pound cat?!
Kellie R. said... (3/1/09 8:09 PM) Reply
What a stunning ensemble Lily! The room looks luxurious, elegant and welcoming. It's no small accomplishment, working with all of the large pieces of heavy fabric. The results are spectacular. Can I come and stay (if your cats don't mind) ? :p
CarolynGM said... (3/1/09 7:34 PM) Reply
I hung on every word and every picture in this wonderful and inspiring review. Your fabrics and their combinations, the design, and the flawless construction all work together to make this the prettiest, most inviting guest room I've seen in a while. And it's so kind of you to tweak the design to suit your kitties!
marjenann said... (3/1/09 7:18 PM) Reply
OMG!!! Truly an amazing room!! I have bolts of fabric ready for a guest room redesign!! I need your mojo!!
Em's Summer said... (3/1/09 5:35 PM) Reply
WOW! This is such an elegant set! You did a stupendous job!
Catbird said... (3/1/09 5:25 PM) Reply
Well . . . I was feeling a bit snarly today until I decided to log on to PR and look through the latest reviews. Yours turned my mood around instantly! Those pictures of Early are priceless and the review really made me laugh, not to mention shake my head in awed admiration. Don't be too surprised if you start to see your fellow PR members wandering around the lower Hudson Valley looking like they need a place to stay! I've been wondering what you've been up to lately and now I know -- you were creating a masterpiece.
Heatherrique said... (3/1/09 5:07 PM) Reply
Lily, if I had to recommend a person to appear on a home makeover show, then tag, you're the one! Wow! Kudos to you for creating an enchanting guest retreat, which certainly outdoes any multi-star hotel room. BTW: your pal Early is a cutie!!!!!!!!!!
Darla in PA said... (3/1/09 4:26 PM) Reply
Beautiful job on the guest room redo! Your guests should feel suitably spoiled. Early sure is cute and makes 2 1/2 of my little Maine Coone.
Janine S said... (3/1/09 4:14 PM) Reply
An absolute stunner! So, when are you taking guests :-)? Is it too early to book my flight from Oz? The idea of a little room at the top of a third floor with an attic window sounds sooo romantic/fairytale-ish, and you've pulled off the look superbly. Congratulations.
Vonnevo said... (3/1/09 4:03 PM) Reply
Elegant, beautiful and inviting. Your guests will feel like they are staying at The Ritz !
CA Eisenhour said... (3/1/09 3:42 PM) Reply
AWESOME~SUPERBLY EXECUTED by thee, one and only, LILY! Absolutely jaw dopping Lily! I'm speechless! Connie
indiaw said... (3/1/09 3:40 PM) Reply
Lily, I am absolutely awed! What a wonderful room. I, too, want to get in line to spend the night in it. Your usual planning and execution of your sewing projects shines through here. Outstanding job!
Bernadette W said... (3/1/09 1:47 PM) Reply
Lily- this is so fabulous! And that cutting table looks worthy of design school-- cork topped too? And you probably forgot to mention that you also made the pleated beaded lampshade as well... This review should count for about fifty reviews!
Robin S said... (3/1/09 1:17 PM) Reply
Very Elegant!
bluenines said... (3/1/09 11:53 AM) Reply
WOW!!! all i can say is it is just beautuful and as someone who shares an apt with 2 cats i can fully understand having to cat proof !!!
Annette1 said... (3/1/09 1:38 AM) Reply
WHERE'S the picture of y'all carrying the bedskirt up to the third floor, that's what I want to know. Maybe you should have given it to Early to drag up there. She could probably handle it single-handedly! At any rate, I guess I was WRONG when I said the tablecloth was the PERFECT entry for a stash contest, because now this HAS to be the winner, hands down! I can't even IMAGINE handling ALL of this fabric during construction. If you didn't have to enlarge the biceps on your sleeve patterns before, you might now! :o) You have created an absolute RETREAT for your lucky guests. I LOVE this room, with the warm colors and lighting, and complete with cats, too! (Ever since I read about Maine Coon cats, I've wished I had one.) You really have outdone yourself, Lily, and that's saying a LOT. :o)
fourkid said... (3/1/09 0:16 AM) Reply
Just Wonderful!!!!
nancy2001 said... (2/28/09 11:28 PM) Reply
Beautifully designed and beautifully sewn. Your guest room looks magnificent.
HeyJane said... (2/28/09 10:30 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful, cozy and inviting. It's the ideal retreat. Thanks for all the photos and detail.
Birgitte said... (2/28/09 10:30 PM) Reply
Supreme! 5 star boutique hotel- blame yourself if the guests never leave :)) Excellent review as always, thank you!
moushka said... (2/28/09 10:16 PM) Reply
Lily, you've created a stunning room, reminiscent of a chic French hotel. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your home. The pictures are breathtaking! Sue
Peggy L said... (2/28/09 9:09 PM) Reply
Lily - you have outdone yourself. Beautiful!! You may have more guests than you ever planned for when your family/friends find out about that lovely room.
Kay Y said... (2/28/09 8:26 PM) Reply
The weight - that was all I could think about as I clicked on each of the photos - you got a good workout pulling all that through your machine! If you open up a B&B I'll be first in line. It looks extremely comfy up there now!
chacha45 said... (2/28/09 7:52 PM) Reply
I don't feel able to even comment on the wonder of all this! And then there is that cutting table! Oh!
Mufffet said... (2/28/09 7:27 PM) Reply
How can I give this four VERY HELPFULS?? WOW. I love your little bedroom. I would love that. :)) Such sumptuous environs your lucky guests get to inhabit. And this is the overflow guest room I am guessing! :) Lovely work all through, and a most thorough and enjoyable review. Quite made my day. And I love Kitty as well. :) My gray one is a short hair, but has the same lovely eyes.
Diana M said... (2/28/09 7:21 PM) Reply
WOW -- each item, singly, is impressive; put all together, this is amazing and makes a wonderful little garret room! And your review, with all its photos, is another inspiration itself. Thank you!
Nancy Rhodes said... (2/28/09 7:21 PM) Reply
Standing Ovation!!!!! PS I particularly enjoyed the Early photos...
arianamaniacs said... (2/28/09 7:11 PM) Reply
You did an awesome job! It looks like its right out of a designer magazine. Lovely
arianamaniacs said... (2/28/09 7:06 PM) Reply
Winifred said... (2/28/09 6:43 PM) Reply
So thats where you've been Lily !! Er ...... do you take paying guests ! This is a most fabulous achievement - totally gorgeous and so elegant. Cats always know the best places and yours are no exception. I just keep looking and looking again at your pictures, words fail me.
FurGal said... (2/28/09 6:35 PM) Reply
What a lovely "retreat at the top of the house" you have created! Thank you for sharing.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/28/09 6:33 PM) Reply
I'd LOVE to stay in this Guest Bedroom!! It's gorgeous!!
LouiseS said... (2/28/09 6:11 PM) Reply
WOW Lily! All I can say is WOW! That is exquisite and, as with all of your work, so beautifully dsigned and executed. As the "Mama" of 2 dogs and a cat, I also appreciate what you went through to Early-proof this project. Thank you for sharing another fantastic project.

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

You Sew Girl Laptop Bag Pattern