Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB036BI (Birdie Sling)

Reviewed by:Willary

About Willary
TX USA
Member since: 2/10/09
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:3/4/09 12:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Mebber said... (7/28/09 9:23 AM) Reply
Great bag. I am making one in a bright print to take to Mexico too. Thanks for your helpful review- helped me decide which bag pattern to use.
brooksie99 said... (6/18/09 7:57 PM) Reply
Sounds like the bag gave you the opportunity to practice some basic sewing techniques. Amy Butler's Frenchy bag also suffers from those large floppy pockets- great that you were able to alter it to suit your needs. I love your fabric choice!
katlew03 said... (3/4/09 10:31 PM) Reply
You did a wonderful job. Every time I see this pattern made up, I want to go out and order it. Then I forget about it until the next time. It looks like it will be a basic part of your summer wardrobe.
moonchild61 said... (3/4/09 8:20 PM) Reply
I am a beginner, as well. I am always looking for good reviews from other beginners. Great bag!
Tez said... (3/4/09 3:12 PM) Reply
Lovely work!
maiaj said... (3/4/09 1:26 PM) Reply
Beautiful bag! I have just gathered everything to make this, thanks for the tip about the pockets!
a.me.s said... (3/4/09 12:41 PM) Reply
It looks great! Good job :) I sewed the pocket down the middle too. It just makes more sense to make it two pockets instead of one ginormous one!

by: LM2HYD