Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2931

Posted on:3/4/09 9:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops

busymomof3 said... (4/14/09 7:31 PM) Reply
Very cute!! I'm sold on it now that I see it on you!
j222b said... (3/5/09 10:11 PM) Reply
Secretsugar I didn't think you sounded snarky (but maybe I did)-lol-I just wanted to point out that nice things can be done with rotten old bias tape!
birdmcfarland said... (3/5/09 5:09 PM) Reply
I am working on this top right now, but I totally love yours!! That fabric is outstanding!
nglalala said... (3/5/09 3:45 PM) Reply
ooo... love the fabric! great top!
Secretsugar said... (3/5/09 2:02 PM) Reply
j222b, I wasn't intending to sound snarky about the bias tape thing. I think it's a remnant of my (limited) experience with quilt sewing where it's much nicer to make your own bias strips to bind quilts rather than purchasing pre-folded quilt-binding bias. I also think I need to seek out sources for 100% cotton bias tape in cases where I'm too lazy to make my own. It might be silly, but it bugs me to put cheap polyester tape on a nice cotton or linen or what-have-you garment. It's certainly true that in principle it makes for a nice finish though--especially if you're as careful as Amanda S is! No offense intended, and I should've been more clear about my own goofy sewing issues.
persevering said... (3/5/09 1:41 PM) Reply
Yes, cute!!
amy in mpls said... (3/5/09 12:20 PM) Reply
Again....so cute!
j222b said... (3/5/09 11:03 AM) Reply
I'm not sure what the comment about purchased bias tape finishing means. I love the look especially on the inside. One of the PR members Amanda S finishes many of her seams with bias tape and the insides of her garments look almost better than the outsides. She has a tutorial, too. NAYY. See it here:http://amandasadventuresinsewing.blogspot.com/search/label/tutorials
KateS said... (3/5/09 3:16 AM) Reply
Lovely- what a great top!
poplin said... (3/4/09 10:34 PM) Reply
I have the same fabric! I [heart] Naomi Ito's Nani Iro collection... I bought several in different styles. I admit: for a lightweight fabric, it does not act very drapey. I have a feeling that the double gauze is intended for cooler weather. Naomi Ito even has a heavy double gauze which would be very suitable for winter. Pls keep us updated on how the back bodice behaves over time of wear and wash--I'm curious myself.
sewbehind said... (3/4/09 10:22 PM) Reply
Your ready for summer. Cute style in a fun fabric.
katlew03 said... (3/4/09 10:16 PM) Reply
What pretty fabric. This top will get lots of wear this summer.

by: Cosso