Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2009-134 (girls pea coat)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:3/7/09 11:45 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 24 people
SoVintage said... (8/1/09 2:06 PM) Reply
Incredible! I have not mustered up the courage yet to try a BWOF pattern, as far as I've got is tracing a pattern. You are inspiring! Thank You
Karen8320 said... (3/9/09 0:46 AM) Reply
Fabulous work again, Louella! What a really stylish jacket for a young girl. Heather must be the best dressed girl by far in her Kindergarten class. She looks adorable in this jacket.
Secretsugar said... (3/8/09 9:18 PM) Reply
Really lovely coat, and a lovely little girl wearing it! Coats still seem so intimidating to me, so I especially appreciate your strategy of setting a goal per day to get this done.
shaggy said... (3/8/09 11:57 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket. You probably wish she wouldn't grow for a while. Very neat that she picked out the pattern herself.
Rhonda Noah said... (3/8/09 11:32 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! Very fashionable. What a lucky little girl. :-)
Danvillegirl said... (3/8/09 10:26 AM) Reply
Soooo cute! Great job.
shesflipped said... (3/8/09 7:26 AM) Reply
This jacket is superb! Your daughter is absolutely adorable! She is one stylin' little girl in this pea coat. I've added a few lines to the Go-Go's song. "Doesn't matter what they'll pay, (at Nordy's, etc.) I can make it anyway, hey hey hey~ Our seams are sealed." Do they give a 'Bested Dress' award in Kindergarten?
Ody said... (3/7/09 11:10 PM) Reply
That jacket is yummy to the extreme!! My dd will want one!
EveS said... (3/7/09 10:38 PM) Reply
It's official. Heather's better dressed than me! Oh my gosh, Louella, that jacket is to die for, whether it's a 6x or 16! What a fabulous seamstress you are and a WAY cool mom!!! You rock! :)
digs57 said... (3/7/09 8:28 PM) Reply
Adorable outfit, and what a little sweetheart! I love the photo with the red underpinnings peeking out.
Vonnevo said... (3/7/09 6:14 PM) Reply
Fabulous and totally gorgeous !!!! Louella, you have made a beautiful outfit and many happy memories :)
HeyJane said... (3/7/09 5:59 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh what a great suit. Heather looks wonderful as always. I want that Tahari dress in my size!
Dmd4106 said... (3/7/09 5:55 PM) Reply
Great Job! Your dd is adorable! I love Burda Wof for their RTW style details for the children.
MamaSewing said... (3/7/09 5:55 PM) Reply
Wow, what an inspiration you are!! Thanks for the great review!
Kellie R. said... (3/7/09 4:53 PM) Reply
Your daughter is beautiful - she looks just like you! What a fabulous jacket. It's so classic and perfect for a little girl. She looks so happy wearing it. Great job!
Kay Y said... (3/7/09 4:42 PM) Reply
Extremely cute! She does look pleased as punch in it too.
Heidi Ho said... (3/7/09 4:31 PM) Reply
That is a beautiful jacket for a beautiful and stylin' girl. I have been looking forward to your review of this jacket. How do you find the time to do so much sewing? Great review too, I loved all the links to RTW styles. I bet Heather will be sewing along with you in a couple more years.
CatMukai said... (3/7/09 4:21 PM) Reply
Lucky girl!! She looks fab. Well done!
tanroc75 said... (3/7/09 4:07 PM) Reply
Cute jacket! You did an awesome job!
cmarie12 said... (3/7/09 2:36 PM) Reply
This jacket is just tooooo cute on your daughter!
Markie1 said... (3/7/09 2:15 PM) Reply
What a wonderful review! Your daughter is absolutely precious and the jacket and skirt are perfect. I wish I had been sewing things other than Halloween costumes when my kids were little. She looks so proud. You chronicled the process so beautifully, well done on those pockets!
Vintage Joan said... (3/7/09 2:14 PM) Reply
Wow -- so cool!! :)
Annette1 said... (3/7/09 2:07 PM) Reply
Louella, I LOVE this little jacket! No wonder Heather doesn't want to take it off. :o) I would love one of these in my size too -- ha! Your welt pockets look SOOOO nice. I've had Kenneth King's new book on my wish list at Amazon for quite a while now. I NEED to get it. I just LOVE this little outfit, and you've sewn it so beautifully! :o))
lilyofthevalley said... (3/7/09 1:32 PM) Reply
Louella, your little Heather looks so stylish and hip in her glen plaid jacket, and looks delighted to being wearing it. Absolutely fabulous review; I felt like I was in your sewing room with you. Lovely, Lily
Em's Summer said... (3/7/09 1:01 PM) Reply
AWW! Your DD looks soo cute in her little suit! You did a great job!!!
21wale said... (3/7/09 12:34 PM) Reply
What a darling jacket. And your daughter is beautiful!
michellep74 said... (3/7/09 12:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat, and Heather looks adorable in it!
pterion said... (3/7/09 12:04 PM) Reply
Wow, what a gorgeous jacket! Heather is styling in her very fashionable plaid peacoat. Love that you broke down the construction process for us. Thank you!
Catbird said... (3/7/09 12:00 PM) Reply
That is adorable! And what a little cutie Heather is in her new outfit! It will look great in denim, too.
Christas said... (3/7/09 11:57 AM) Reply
Your daughter is one very stylish young lady! What an excellent review. I appreciated the wisdom in pacing yourself while sewing this project.... good for me to remember when sewing a time consuming project! The results are SUPERB! So...... when will your "Mommy Jacket" be done so that you can both wear the jackets in style together?!
Diane E said... (3/7/09 11:55 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket for a beautiful girl. You are a fabulous mom and a talented seamstress. Thanks for such a great review.
Meggie LuLu said... (3/7/09 11:49 AM) Reply
AWW!! She looks SOOOO CUTE in her new jacket!! I LOVE the fabric you chose!! It looks like a RTW designer jacket!!!

by: yummymummy...