Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5146 (Misses Tunic and Camisole)

Reviewed by:cmarie12

About cmarie12starstarstar
NJ USA
Member since: 4/8/03
Posted on:3/9/09 10:48 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
Dei said... (3/10/09 9:33 PM) Reply
A winner...as usual. :) You know how to craft a dress!
Tany said... (3/10/09 8:32 PM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL dress (you look terrific!) and superb review!!
Grammy Gin said... (3/10/09 6:12 PM) Reply
Very lovely, flattering outfit. Thanks for all the tips in your review & your picture site. I will be sure to use some of them.
Christas said... (3/10/09 1:23 PM) Reply
Everything you make seems to fit and look perfect on you. This dress is no exception! Cool fabric and style! You look GREAT!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/10/09 12:41 PM) Reply
You look beautiful in your dress, and very creative thinking on (1) overlaying the jacket pattern to get the hip size you wanted, (2) keyhole buttonholes for the lacing, and (3) stitch witchery for the hems before stitching. These out-of-the-box thinkings must be what make all your garments so special and so professional looking. Just lovely, Lily
Erica B. said... (3/10/09 12:20 PM) Reply
Wonderful as usual! You look great!
gatorgirl4325 said... (3/10/09 12:20 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress and the details you added are perfect!
sewbehind said... (3/10/09 12:09 PM) Reply
Very lovely on you. Love the bold print and everything about it.
Ody said... (3/10/09 10:55 AM) Reply
You look fabulous in that dress! Wonderful fabric and a very informative review. I would have never looked at this pattern till you reviewed with such awesome results!
li'l miss muffett said... (3/10/09 10:32 AM) Reply
I *just* got this pattern the other day! Your dress is super cute and I love the fabric. Can't wait to try this one. Thanks for the review!
kasizzle said... (3/10/09 9:28 AM) Reply
Love the dress!
Lynnelle said... (3/10/09 9:27 AM) Reply
Very flattering dress. I always love to read your reviews. Nice fix on the flapping front. You look amazing!
CarolynGM said... (3/10/09 9:03 AM) Reply
I love the way you did the lacing on this dress. The lining is a great addition as well.
mssewcrazy said... (3/10/09 8:52 AM) Reply
I commented on your blog also - love the dress. I am really excited about your comment about the stitch witchery in the hem. I have some that was given to me from a factory closing that I have never had a use for -now I can try it in knit hems like you are doing here. Thanks for all the sewing you share with us.
Rebecca D said... (3/10/09 7:17 AM) Reply
Great review, the dress looks lovely on you and the lacing detail is inspired.
davin said... (3/10/09 6:20 AM) Reply
Perhaps the facings, if interfaced, would have stabilized the flapping. Just an idea. Davin
Annette1 said... (3/10/09 1:14 AM) Reply
Great review! I'm not exactly sure how I missed this fabric at Fabric Mart, but I REALLY like it. You look GREAT in this dress! :o)
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (3/10/09 0:42 AM) Reply
I love this in the graphic print. Great design additions to this pattern. You look great!
Karen6790 said... (3/9/09 11:06 PM) Reply
Said it on your blog and I'll say it again here - I love this dress. And I love the fact that you can't sew a pattern straight out of the envelope, it makes it so much more fun to see what you've done every time. I've got to start lining my knit dresses, it really does make them look much more finished. Beautiful, as always.

by: catintheha...