Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5914 (Trumpet Skirt)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:3/10/09 10:54 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
Ruth Designs said... (6/15/11 9:11 AM) Reply
You did a great job on all your skirts. This pattern has been in my stash for a long time and after seeing how nice your skirts came out, I think it's time to give it a try.
lauralu03 said... (3/13/09 1:21 AM) Reply
Love this version- if I had a pattern that looked as awesome on me as this does on you I'd be cranking them out too! Love the blue with the black top & tights too- very bold, looks good!
Secretsugar said... (3/11/09 4:48 PM) Reply
I love all your iterations of this skirt, perhaps especially the ruffled back pink one (and the outfits it's a part of!). Nice work and great review, as always!
kasizzle said... (3/11/09 9:57 AM) Reply
Very flattering! I'm in awe of everything you've been sewing lately.
Karenino said... (3/10/09 6:38 PM) Reply
Three really great looks--and each so different! Nice job! (BTW, am I right that you had on your website that you were thinking about making the Vogue 8520 coat? If so, is that one still in your future? I am hoping for inspiration...)
AnneM said... (3/10/09 6:14 PM) Reply
Great job on your various iterations of this skirt. Neat idea on the boucle. You will have to update us on how well it wears for you.
Mufffet said... (3/10/09 5:25 PM) Reply
Cute, yet work ready! Nice job! The pink is a real kick!
Karen6790 said... (3/10/09 4:53 PM) Reply
Too cute. I have this pattern - not sure why I've never gotten to it. I love how different all your versions are.
Grammy Gin said... (3/10/09 3:47 PM) Reply
So flattering! Great to have a good TNT!
Markie1 said... (3/10/09 3:13 PM) Reply
I love how you changed this pattern up in so many interesting ways. The frayed hem is amazing and your fitting skills are so refined. As usual, great job!
Christina Sonja said... (3/10/09 2:29 PM) Reply
I made this up when I first started sewing (I think I was a size 6 back then too - no longer, sadly) and it is definitely a winner.
Sew Shy said... (3/10/09 1:41 PM) Reply
Very nice. I like all your variations - especially the one with the ruffle. I have this pattern and it just might make my wardrobe debut this spring.
Mahler said... (3/10/09 12:46 PM) Reply
I love all of the them. The pink one with the pink and grey hoses is wonderful. The frayed hem one seams gorgeous as well. One pattern 100 versions ! Great review and work.
CarolynGM said... (3/10/09 12:21 PM) Reply
What a darling pattern -- I love all your versions. I've had this pattern forever, but have never tried it.
gatorgirl4325 said... (3/10/09 12:04 PM) Reply
Each version is perfectly styled. You are so awesome Nicegirl!
cabinbaby said... (3/10/09 11:32 AM) Reply
I love it in the blue version especially. And I love your black boatneck top.
FurGal said... (3/10/09 11:26 AM) Reply
Cute skirt, thanks for sharing with us!
Sic said... (3/10/09 10:58 AM) Reply
Nice job fitting the skirt! Very cute!

by: Jan Crews