Pattern Reviews> My Pattern Designer Software> V neck T shirt (V neck T shirt)

Reviewed by:Clareew

About Clareewstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:3/14/09 12:34 PM
Last Updated:3/15/09 6:48 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Clareew said... (2/15/10 12:38 PM) Reply
Hi AdaH, I still love to buy commercial patterns, I tend to then create something similar in MPD and transfer over the adjustments.
AdaH said... (2/14/10 1:42 PM) Reply
I am still working at getting my fit down using this software. Sometimes I think it would be easier to go back to commercial patterns and making the adjustments. I didn't buy the pro version, maybe if I had it would be easier. I have less options for fit with this version.
Peggym said... (3/15/09 6:53 PM) Reply
Clare you have a lovely fitted top. well done. I have MPD too. It is a very good program
kellymailinglist said... (3/15/09 10:56 AM) Reply
Really fabulous top! I usually see people mention using that other software, so thanks for letting us know about My Pattern Designer!
Clareew said... (3/15/09 10:26 AM) Reply
I tape the sheets together on the patio door. They all have match markers which make it very quick and simple. I start at the top left and work down and right. I use thinish 80gsm paper but find the hardest thing is storing patterns because they are more bulky than tissue. It is worth it.
Clareew said... (3/15/09 10:22 AM) Reply
Sewingmi said... (3/15/09 10:19 AM) Reply
What a lovely top! Your neckline turned out beautifully - I may have to read Marcy Tilton's book! The puffed sleeves add a nice, stylish touch. Great job!
bananaoil said... (3/15/09 9:33 AM) Reply
The top looks good. For a pattern from this software, are you printing it out and taping letter sized sheets together?
mhk3boys said... (3/15/09 9:25 AM) Reply
That top looks great! The fit is awesome! I'm thinking about trying MPD or Click and Sew.
Laurasews said... (3/14/09 7:08 PM) Reply
Great fit. What is the pattern number you used? Did it come with one of the collections(Spring, Summer, etc)?
Cathy S said... (3/14/09 7:03 PM) Reply
This is a really cute top!!! I also have MPD but I have not done any knits with it. Did you use standard or pro to get the puffy sleeves? Thanks for the review
nellc said... (3/14/09 3:00 PM) Reply
Nice top, I like the way you have used the print on the neckband.
Christas said... (3/14/09 12:53 PM) Reply
Your top looks wonderful .... great job matching the print!

All About Linings