Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2896

Posted on:11/13/03 10:43 AM
Last Updated:11/13/03 10:45 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Cultured Purl said... (5/20/12 8:31 AM) Reply
I know this is an older review but I was cutting this pattern out this week, lovely to see what can be done from this simple pattern!,,,,,lovely!
Lou. said... (11/14/03 4:42 PM) Reply
The jacket is unlined (see pattern description), and the seams are sewn with a straight stitch. I would have serged them but the fabric was so thick it scared me!!
Leslie in Austin said... (11/14/03 2:55 PM) Reply
OH MY GAWD!!! This is beee-ooooo-tiful, Lou!! I need one. Would you whip one out for me, too? :-) And I swear I think we're soul sisters....I was just browsing through Kwik Sew looking for a short princess seamed zip up jacket pattern (for stretch fleece) and lo and behold, there you are posting it. Gracias!
MariaDenmark said... (11/14/03 1:08 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket - oh, now I want that pattern, too
slee said... (11/14/03 10:40 AM) Reply
I love your jacket! It's so tres chic! How did you sew the seams?
Mollykat said... (11/14/03 8:50 AM) Reply
Great jacket! I really like the way you placed the animal pattern. Is it lined? If so, what did you line it with?
Rhonda Noah said... (11/14/03 3:09 AM) Reply
What else can I say? I LOVE it! You really are an inspiration. You've come so far in your sewing skills. Way to go!
mudcat said... (11/13/03 8:11 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket. Looks like it'll be very comfy in cold weather.
Ann B. said... (11/13/03 5:37 PM) Reply
Another amazing creation Lou! Your jacket is great, the fabric is super. Faux fur is great, warm, albeit messy, stuff.
cindyann said... (11/13/03 5:09 PM) Reply
OMG That is Great! LOOOVVVE that fabric. Just perfect for you.
LittleShell said... (11/13/03 5:09 PM) Reply
Looks fantastic, Lou. I think you win the prize for first item from NYC fabric, plus you used a pattern from the tripl. Too cool!
Star said... (11/13/03 3:47 PM) Reply
Love it, Lou!
gabrielle said... (11/13/03 2:56 PM) Reply
Lou, I want your jacket! It looks like so much fun to wear.
Neefer said... (11/13/03 1:46 PM) Reply
GorgeousFabrics said... (11/13/03 1:30 PM) Reply
Great job, Lou, I love the fur! -Ann
Deepika said... (11/13/03 1:12 PM) Reply
Oh My god!! I am drooling over this stuff. You are just too awesome Lou. Now you have to come to Boston wearing your new coat :) Can't wait to see the skirt and other creations. This is so great. I think at this rate it wont be long before you reach your 200th review ;-) Keep up the good work. Its inspiring!
Lou. said... (11/13/03 12:46 PM) Reply
I haven't got any of the fabric into a box yet! I'm buying the box tomorrow :-) I've also nearly finished a pink and black stripey sweater with matching scarf, it's very french. This new fabric is making me very brave, I've drafted a skirt myself (with Deepikas help), and the collar for my sweater! Reviews to come tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up on the fur hooks Nikki! I'm not sure i can be brave enough for a hat, but a scarf sounds good.
SouthernStitch said... (11/13/03 12:26 PM) Reply
Oh Lou, it came out so good!! I am really happy to see the "miscreant" pattern put to good use. You are so brave.
Dale C said... (11/13/03 11:48 AM) Reply
I love it Lou! Great jacket, I really gotta make one too now. I wonder if it would be a practical thing to have here in Hawaii....
Skymom said... (11/13/03 11:44 AM) Reply
I love that jacket! My little daughter is so into animal prints these days--she calls the "stylish" rather than "pretty," which I think is sophisticated for a 3-year-old.
Hilary said... (11/13/03 11:28 AM) Reply
Very cool, Lou! I love the fabric~so pretty! Maybe I will try this in a short jacket(if I'm feeling brave) or at least as an accent for a collar or cuff :o) thanks for the review!
AnneM said... (11/13/03 11:28 AM) Reply
Love the pattern, and it looks great in that fabric. Can I have you come over & help me sew my stash up? This didn't even have time to join your stash! ! ! I made a sweater our of a pink boucle type knit, & I am still plucking pink from things.
Nikki said... (11/13/03 11:22 AM) Reply
Lou, it turned out great! Maybe you could use those big silk-wrapped hook and eyes (they are called fur hooks, I think) if you want an invisible front closure..... Will there be a hat and scarf next?
Gigi Louis said... (11/13/03 10:59 AM) Reply
Awesome jacket, Lou!
jlg said... (11/13/03 10:51 AM) Reply
Very cute; much better looking than the envelope drawing.
Teri said... (11/13/03 10:50 AM) Reply
Your jacket is great. I am amazed at how productive you are! You inspire me....

Victory Satsuki Paper Pattern