Pattern Reviews> Pamela's Patterns> 103 (T-Shirt Makeover)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:3/21/09 5:11 PM
Last Updated:3/22/09 10:21 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 27 people

Vesta Patterns

Michelle L said... (3/24/09 10:12 AM) Reply
This is fantastic! At the university where I work, we wear identifying shirts all summer during "Freshman Days". They always insist on buying men's t-shirts, which are shapeless, and the shoulders sag down to your elbows, and the shirt comes down to your knees....But now I am going to remake all of mine!! Your shirt looks awesome! And have a great time in Uganda!
Kellie R. said... (3/22/09 3:37 PM) Reply
This is great Nancy! I am so glad that you posted this review because I had no idea that this existed. AND have a good trip to Uganda. How wonderful that you are going. Please be sure to tell us about it when you return. :)
kasizzle said... (3/22/09 12:15 PM) Reply
Looks great! I love the FOE treatment.
Sigrid. said... (3/22/09 11:42 AM) Reply
How good to see that you can change a t-shirt like that. Great re-do.
Dei said... (3/22/09 11:24 AM) Reply
How ingenious! Love the re-do.
Jane S said... (3/22/09 9:19 AM) Reply
Bravo, you definitely turned the sows ear into a silk purse. I sometimes turn down giveaway T shirts for the very reason you describe...but if I could make them look this nice...
AnnieBanany said... (3/22/09 8:30 AM) Reply
I"m a runner and officiate at a few races every year and work for Habitat for Humanit where I wear the identifying t-shirt and run or work at the same time. The best I've ever done (or thought to do) is chop about 8 inches from the hemline. Once I made a tank top out of it. Everyone wondered how a got a better looking t-shirt than they had. Where can I buy these instructions? I can't wait to try this technique that is more than just a klutzy fix like I had going. Thank you!!
Nancy Rhodes said... (3/22/09 7:02 AM) Reply
WOW what a transformation.... You will be noticed in your group for certain! Good travels to you!
j222b said... (3/21/09 11:14 PM) Reply
Nancywin: Thanks for the reply!
21wale said... (3/21/09 10:38 PM) Reply
Wow! It looks great!
cindy-lou said... (3/21/09 10:34 PM) Reply
Wow, Nancy... that's a T-Shirt Transformation! I saw you pic and wondered where on earth you found an RTW tee that actually *fit*... then I realized what your review was for. I'll definitely add this pattern to my list!
AngieC said... (3/21/09 9:55 PM) Reply
Great fitting Tee! And your tips will be helpful in making it all come together. Who wants a dumpy looking tee when you can have one that looks like yours!
Em's Summer said... (3/21/09 9:28 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks great on you! It looks soo much better than a standard tee! You did a great job, and thanks for this great review!
Nancywin said... (3/21/09 8:18 PM) Reply
I think stretching the FOE just a tiny bit helps it fit closer to the body. I did stretch on the back, but I should have on the front as well.
j222b said... (3/21/09 8:11 PM) Reply
Nice! When you apply the FOE do you stretch a tiny bit or do you just apply in a 1:1 ratio?
Sandi S said... (3/21/09 7:51 PM) Reply
That is a flattering fit - much better than an ordinary t-shirt. I'd say it was worth effort!
KathySews said... (3/21/09 7:31 PM) Reply
Everyone in your group is going to want to know why your tee fits so much nicer than theirs!
Christas said... (3/21/09 6:12 PM) Reply
You look wonderful in your re-done T! I have wondered about this pattern. Your review shows it is a good one.
Meggie LuLu said... (3/21/09 6:01 PM) Reply
WOW!! Your shirt looks GREAT!! I know what you mean. I HATE t-shirts that are UNFLATTERING. I am thinking of redoing a few of mine so that they will be more flattering. Thanks for the info on this pattern!!!
Annette1 said... (3/21/09 5:56 PM) Reply
WOW, what an improvement over the standard ready-to-wear basic tee. You are SO right about them being unflattering (in just about every respect, as I sit here and think about it). THIS tee, though, looks SO nice on you. WHAT an improvement, and what a pretty COLOR on you, too. (I realize you have to just take the color you get for these types of things, but lucky you, it was red!) This is a very informative review. I think you've talked me into this pattern! I could use this when we get our Relay for Life t-shirts. I usually get a HUGE one, just so it won't pull in the bust, so I SHOULD have plenty of room to work with. Great job!

Sewing Workshop Era Jacket