Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2911 (Women's Pullovers)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:4/16/09 9:46 PM
Last Updated:8/9/09 2:52 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Delia Wilson said... (8/10/09 12:49 PM) Reply
I am so glad you posted this and the sewater looks great on your blog, I have been contemplating purchasing this and I think I will-Great job.
CarolynGM said... (8/9/09 8:31 PM) Reply
That does it! I'm ordering this pattern right now!
Sew4Fun said... (8/9/09 7:35 PM) Reply
Ok, I'm buying this pattern. :) It has been on my list for a awhile but after seeing your lovely versions I must have it. I love both your tops and the kid's as well.
carolynw said... (8/9/09 5:52 PM) Reply
I LOVE THIS - have some similar fabric and will attempt to make this - just hope my placket comes out as neat as yours - great review as always - love that "Crazy Child"
Heatherrique said... (8/9/09 5:41 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful and nicely sewn. You are an inspiration.
lyndle said... (8/9/09 5:14 PM) Reply
This top looks great on you! Thanks for all the helpful details, I'm adding this pattern to my wish list.
diane s said... (8/9/09 4:51 PM) Reply
thanks for the review, I have this pattern on order and can't wait to try it
AnitaJ said... (8/9/09 4:00 PM) Reply
Nice top! Your latest version looks so warm & cozy. :)
Raye Ann said... (8/9/09 3:55 PM) Reply
very cute! i've spent alot of time in SE Alaska, and would've worn this to death, as I did all of my fleece clothing:)
Cornelia said... (4/23/09 11:27 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for the addition for kids. I'm thinking about this for my 2.5 y/o DGD and 6 y/o DGS in wicking jersey with SPF for summer coverups. Then there's always fleece for winter. Glad to see it modeled on a boy, he looks so cute, and not girly at all.
Beech FiveEight said... (4/18/09 12:19 PM) Reply
Congratulations Cabinbaby, You surpassed the century mark in the number of reviews you've written. In my book this puts you in an elite club, to be sure. Comparing baseball, it'd be like hitting 500 home runs. You reviews are always great, and you tackle ANY kind of project. Tell more about sewing wool jersey. Is it superwash, double knit? I have been making cycling Jerseys out of wool, but have trouble getting a stretchable hem that hangs right. howe did you do yours. Great look and craftsmanship
nancy2001 said... (4/17/09 8:57 PM) Reply
Very cute style. I'll have to make one for myself.
petro said... (4/17/09 1:50 PM) Reply
Very nice top. I have a rtw cotton jersey one which is very similar, and have taken off a pattern to repeat it. I like yours in wool, its classier.
renren said... (4/17/09 1:48 PM) Reply
I do like your top and considered purchasing the pattern recently at jalie.com . . . do tell us, what is break-up? I am visualizing massive glaciers, ice floes and icebergs shifting and crackling and avalanches threatening. Or is just when school lets out for summer??? No matter, you will be cozy at any rate.
Diane E said... (4/17/09 11:11 AM) Reply
Beautiful sweater, Dawn. As you said, this is a terrific layering piece. Love the collar.
kerrynw said... (4/17/09 10:58 AM) Reply
Lovely top!
mhk3boys said... (4/17/09 10:24 AM) Reply
Your top looks great! I love Kwik Sew and Jalie also!
Marie-Claude said... (4/17/09 7:43 AM) Reply
(sorry double post)
Marie-Claude said... (4/17/09 7:25 AM) Reply
It's a great pattern, isn't it? I abolutely love it - yours looks great! It must be very comfy in that wool knit!
dorothyn said... (4/17/09 1:02 AM) Reply
Very nice top. It's amazing how fashion cycles around. I made almost the exact same top when I was in high school in the late 70s! It was in a gorgeous green velour and I wore it for my Senior photo!
AngieC said... (4/16/09 11:44 PM) Reply
What a beautiful and perfect fitting pullover!
sewbehind said... (4/16/09 10:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this top, Dawn. I can see living in this top in Canada too. I would think you would get your money's worth after 50 times.
JudiBee2 said... (4/16/09 9:52 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top. Thanks for all the information.

Shapes Three Fold Vest Pattern