Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> B5155 (Classic Shift Dress)

Reviewed by:gaginny

About gaginnystar
GA USA
Member since: 2/23/07
Posted on:4/17/09 8:20 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
MagpieJen said... (4/20/09 2:30 PM) Reply
This is so classic - just beautiful on you!
gaginny said... (4/20/09 7:01 AM) Reply
Thanks for you kind comments....For me the lack of a bust dart is not a problem. I am only a B cup, carrying my weight below the waist, but she designs for the larger woman so I am sure that she takes all shapes into consideration. She actually drapes on real large size women rather than just grading up from a smaller size. I get the best fit of my life with her patterns. Give her a try....I think you will be pleasantly surprise.
marycds said... (4/19/09 10:47 PM) Reply
You have the most wonderful taste in fabrics and combinations. I've looked at this and some of Coni's other patterns but worry because there is no bust dart. Do you find that a problem for fit?
Kellie R. said... (4/19/09 10:26 AM) Reply
Your dress is very pretty and feminine. Great job - you look fabulous!
gaginny said... (4/18/09 8:37 AM) Reply
Thanks to you all for you kind remarks. Do give Connie's patterns a try...i think that you will love them as I do. btw..... I didn't do all this in a weekend.....more like over the past year....just never quite got around to getting them photographed and doing the reviews. When I get caught up I will try to stay more current.
Denise L Perry said... (4/18/09 6:33 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I was wondering if this would be sack-like, but it looks wonderful! I love that the zipper is unnecessary. Thanks again!
Ody said... (4/17/09 9:35 PM) Reply
You have been sewing your fingers to the bone girl. Wow! Another wonderful dress! OK, I will split the difference---you keep this one even though I love it, and I will take the flower print one. I don't want to be too piggy after all your hard work!
sideseams said... (4/17/09 9:20 PM) Reply
Wow! Another beautiful dress!
carolynw said... (4/17/09 5:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and beautiful you - now that I have seen this made up I may buy it but before - well the drawing on the envelope is not encouraging to say the least!! Thanks for the review
AnneMarie60 said... (4/17/09 3:53 PM) Reply
Your fabric choices are perfect for the style! Beautiful dress!
Karendee said... (4/17/09 1:10 PM) Reply
Lovely dress!
EleanorSews said... (4/17/09 12:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful interpretation of a classic pattern. Such an elegant look! You have found a perfect dress pattern ~ it does fit you enviably well.
pfaffkj said... (4/17/09 12:33 PM) Reply
Lovely dress -- great combo of fabric and lace. And it looks super on you!
sewing for fun said... (4/17/09 12:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress - such nice colors on you, too! I have been looking at this pattern line and may give it a try now that yours looks so great!
jonnie664 said... (4/17/09 12:11 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Very chic and outstanding workmanship. I love the sparkly lace!!
Diane E said... (4/17/09 11:44 AM) Reply
Wonderful dress -- beautiful choice of fabric and lace!
Nancywin said... (4/17/09 9:27 AM) Reply
Beautiful. The lace detailed yoke really makes the dress.
Christas said... (4/17/09 9:00 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! You look so pretty wearing it!
Mary W said... (4/17/09 8:44 AM) Reply