Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2009-101 (Skirt w/ Front Pockets)

Reviewed by:Kbenco

Posted on:4/18/09 6:32 AM
Last Updated:11/19/10 3:44 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
Annette1 said... (11/20/10 7:31 PM) Reply
Well, this remnant is PITIFUL NO MORE. :o) This is just the cutest little skirt on you. I LOVE that waistband, and the FIT is perfect. :o)
renren said... (11/19/10 10:06 PM) Reply
Oh, a great skirt, and haven't they all been from this pattern? I have this issue and everytime I see the skirt reviewed I am reminded I really should sew it!
SewWil said... (11/19/10 4:19 PM) Reply
Great skirt. Fits you very well. Nice review.
Danvillegirl said... (7/11/09 8:45 PM) Reply
Most helpful review. I have yet to make a BWOF skirt and keep looking at this one. Decided it was best to read the reviews and then decide. Like you, A-lines are not high on my skirt list, but maybe should try a change.
alviana said... (5/20/09 0:24 AM) Reply
a very cute skirt. i would love to try this. ur version is better than in the maz
MagpieJen said... (4/20/09 2:22 PM) Reply
Such nice detailing and finishing on this! You've made it your own!
RuthieSews said... (4/19/09 8:02 AM) Reply
Great skirt :-)
Ellenatlga said... (4/19/09 7:25 AM) Reply
oh for sure this is a TNT for you. This is a great look for you, the silhouette is very flattering. I love it!
Karen6790 said... (4/18/09 8:38 PM) Reply
This was the only pattern I liked in the April issue, and it's good to see that it makes up even better. It's definitely not a "doubtful" garment on you. Bravo.
Annette1 said... (4/18/09 1:20 PM) Reply
You can wear this skirt in absolutely ANY color you want to, including bright yellow, with your cute little figure. :o) I think this looks GREAT on you and should be a TNT. Annette has spoken! :o) Also, your change in placement of that zipper has added such a cute detail!
Luckylibbet said... (4/18/09 12:22 PM) Reply
Super cute! I think you should get over your hesitation, it looks great! Terrific decision to move the zip, it looks better in the front than the side or back. And a wonderfully helpful review, thanks!
Heatherrique said... (4/18/09 11:02 AM) Reply
Fine looking skirt on you! It reminds me of a Guess skirt I saw recently.
Vintage Joan said... (4/18/09 10:52 AM) Reply
Very nice skirt. :)
21wale said... (4/18/09 10:49 AM) Reply
This looks like it fits you really well, despite your misgivings. I really like it in denim and you might start a new trend with your pocket/zipper variation!
Kbenco said... (4/18/09 10:10 AM) Reply
Thanks! Dawn, I moved the zip. Burda puts it in the side seam, not the front, but I was feeling contrary (and the front-front side panel is a straighter seam)
cabinbaby said... (4/18/09 9:55 AM) Reply
Very cute! I really like your topstitching. I never realized the zipper was in the front like that.
Christas said... (4/18/09 9:43 AM) Reply
This is a great looking skirt! It looks wonderful on you! Thanks so much for the nice review.
Elemenopeo said... (4/18/09 9:28 AM) Reply
Very nice.
Judy Wentz said... (4/18/09 8:51 AM) Reply
Very cute skirt. Nice review.
JudiBee2 said... (4/18/09 8:38 AM) Reply
That came out very well. I don't believe you could buy one that would fit as well.
renren said... (4/18/09 8:28 AM) Reply
I think this skirt looks great on you and thanks for such a thorough review. Love that orange facing fabric, too.
solosmocker said... (4/18/09 7:38 AM) Reply
Darling and great review!

Fanny Pack or Purse Paper Pattern

Fanny Pack or Purse Paper Pattern

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)