Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5204 (Italian Blouse)

Reviewed by:FreyaStark

About FreyaStarkstarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/12/08
Posted on:4/29/09 9:12 AM
Last Updated:3/21/13 9:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
FromHeadToFoot said... (5/25/16 2:31 PM) Reply
Thank you for this thorough review. I'm a LH fan and I've been wondering if this is a pattern I need. I think maybe so. You've made it 3 times now and I know you sew many other brands of blouse as well. Always beautifully. I enjoy your blouses in general.
Heatherrique said... (3/22/13 5:37 PM) Reply
After seeing your versions, I am inspired to give this pattern (in my stash for quite a bit of time) a try! Thank you for your very helpful review.
mm said... (3/22/13 2:30 AM) Reply
I like this pattern, particularly the way the collar sits.
renren said... (3/21/13 11:06 PM) Reply
Very nice white blouse for summer--I need to sew a couple of these! (And this is almost 4 years after you first reviewed the pattern. I guess it's a keeper.)
carolynw said... (3/21/13 10:51 PM) Reply
Looks like a comfy white shirt and that's good for summer. When I get a sag such as yours I undo the stitching at the bottom of the shirt (across the facing and shirt front )- smooth everything out and generally find that the facing needs to be pushed up and hand sewn higher than seems right - clear as mud huh? If you have a better solution please share
katie lynne said... (6/9/09 10:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for your wonderful review, I feel charged now to conquer this one. Lovely Blouse!
fourkid said... (5/3/09 10:25 PM) Reply
The fabric is great in this blouse, very nice. I agree that I like the little slits too - now you can compensate and add them in your next rendition.
Re Becca said... (4/30/09 11:20 PM) Reply
Yeah! nice picture. That really is a nice shirt, thank you for sharing it with us.
j222b said... (4/29/09 3:49 PM) Reply
I'm a LHinse fan. I must try this one. Thanks for the review.
Re Becca said... (4/29/09 1:46 PM) Reply
I agree, it sounds very interesting. I would love to see a picture of you wearing the shirt.
Elona said... (4/29/09 11:26 AM) Reply
Having nailed the fit, I think I've made this one five times now, always in a thin, drapy fabric. It is my TNT warm weather blouse. Your fabric looks pretty, and it sounds as though you got a nice result overall. And with the photo, I can see that it's a becoming and comfortable shirt. I think you got a really good result with the collar!
renren said... (4/29/09 9:36 AM) Reply
Ah, this Liberty of London is a gorgeous print. One day I will buy some L of L, but first my sewing skills must justify the purchase! Also thanks for showing us alteration #2 in which you fold out sleeve fullness. I think this is what people refer to when they say they removed a "wedge" from a pattern. I can see clearly what you did, and reading the review for this alone was well worth it. Thanks!

Beyond the BoatNeck
Beyond the BoatNeck

by: gtrevil

Islander Sewing Systems Women's Classic Sport Shirt Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Women's Classic Sport Shirt Pattern

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)