Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5204 (Italian Blouse)

Reviewed by:FreyaStark

About FreyaStarkstarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/12/08
Posted on:4/29/09 9:12 AM
Last Updated:3/21/13 9:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
Heatherrique said... (3/22/13 5:37 PM) Reply
After seeing your versions, I am inspired to give this pattern (in my stash for quite a bit of time) a try! Thank you for your very helpful review.
mm said... (3/22/13 2:30 AM) Reply
I like this pattern, particularly the way the collar sits.
renren said... (3/21/13 11:06 PM) Reply
Very nice white blouse for summer--I need to sew a couple of these! (And this is almost 4 years after you first reviewed the pattern. I guess it's a keeper.)
carolynw said... (3/21/13 10:51 PM) Reply
Looks like a comfy white shirt and that's good for summer. When I get a sag such as yours I undo the stitching at the bottom of the shirt (across the facing and shirt front )- smooth everything out and generally find that the facing needs to be pushed up and hand sewn higher than seems right - clear as mud huh? If you have a better solution please share
katie lynne said... (6/9/09 10:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for your wonderful review, I feel charged now to conquer this one. Lovely Blouse!
fourkid said... (5/3/09 10:25 PM) Reply
The fabric is great in this blouse, very nice. I agree that I like the little slits too - now you can compensate and add them in your next rendition.
Re Becca said... (4/30/09 11:20 PM) Reply
Yeah! nice picture. That really is a nice shirt, thank you for sharing it with us.
j222b said... (4/29/09 3:49 PM) Reply
I'm a LHinse fan. I must try this one. Thanks for the review.
Re Becca said... (4/29/09 1:46 PM) Reply
I agree, it sounds very interesting. I would love to see a picture of you wearing the shirt.
Elona said... (4/29/09 11:26 AM) Reply
Having nailed the fit, I think I've made this one five times now, always in a thin, drapy fabric. It is my TNT warm weather blouse. Your fabric looks pretty, and it sounds as though you got a nice result overall. And with the photo, I can see that it's a becoming and comfortable shirt. I think you got a really good result with the collar!
renren said... (4/29/09 9:36 AM) Reply
Ah, this Liberty of London is a gorgeous print. One day I will buy some L of L, but first my sewing skills must justify the purchase! Also thanks for showing us alteration #2 in which you fold out sleeve fullness. I think this is what people refer to when they say they removed a "wedge" from a pattern. I can see clearly what you did, and reading the review for this alone was well worth it. Thanks!

by: treefrog