Brother
Brother

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2008-114 (Trench Jacket)

Reviewed by:rivergum

About rivergumstarstarstarstar
Member since: 12/17/06
Posted on:4/26/09 4:52 AM
Last Updated:4/27/09 0:53 AM
Review Rating:
Very Helpful by 15 people
nancy2001 said... (5/3/09 8:00 PM) Reply
Gorgeous trench coat, beautifully made, and so flattering.
Obrooks770 said... (4/27/09 10:29 PM) Reply
WOW! Nice trench coat, it looks great on you.
kerrynw said... (4/27/09 1:33 PM) Reply
Fantastic job! Your jacket looks amazing. A great review and I can't believe it only took two days to make. I can relate to the "psyching up before tackling this". Congratulations on taking that next step, a great result!
CynthiaSue said... (4/27/09 1:29 PM) Reply
Get out!! i havet his all cut out and you are making me want to go back to it!! unbelievable!! Get out!! perfect fabric/pattern combo. looks fabulous!!
Grammy Gin said... (4/27/09 12:34 PM) Reply
You look great in your new trench! Time well spent (as you put it) for sure. Lovely fabric....great review!!
Kellie R. said... (4/27/09 10:14 AM) Reply
What a fantastic trench! Congrats on tackling a daunting project; the results are great!
Nancywin said... (4/26/09 11:42 PM) Reply
I'm impressed that you made this in two days. It would have taken me much longer! LOve the fabric, and what a great deal you got on it! Very stylish.
Mary Nanna said... (4/26/09 9:18 PM) Reply
Great coat - I take my hat off to you for making a trench out of BWOF - that takes real commitment!
Sew4Fun said... (4/26/09 7:26 PM) Reply
Fabulous trench and great job! I know exactly what you mean about psyching yourself up for a project like this, only to be confronted by welt pockets first up. Linea lining has also become my new favourite lining. I hope Spotlight can continue to stock it although I do have a pretty big stash of my own. :) Very enjoyable review, thanks.
Nancy Rhodes said... (4/26/09 5:43 PM) Reply
Those priced in the stratosphere Aquascutum trench coats have nothing over yours.... Wonderful results..
Nancy Rhodes said... (4/26/09 5:42 PM) Reply
Hi again, ended up with a double post... so double congrats to you!
Nancy Rhodes said... (4/26/09 5:41 PM) Reply
Karendee said... (4/26/09 1:59 PM) Reply
Your trench is quite smart looking and the workmanship is excellent.
Elona said... (4/26/09 12:17 PM) Reply
What a handsome, stylish jacket!
Gold said... (4/26/09 11:47 AM) Reply
What a great looking trench jacket!
Lori V said... (4/26/09 9:56 AM) Reply
Fabulous trench
Christas said... (4/26/09 9:48 AM) Reply
Very nice review! Your jacket is so lovely!
renren said... (4/26/09 9:18 AM) Reply
Oh, so nice, and a solid two days? Makes me want to cry. I spend two solid days on a simple knit top! This is a magnificent trench and I love the styling with the pants and heeled boot/shoes.
Nancy K said... (4/26/09 9:18 AM) Reply
Great jacket! Love the fabric.
flygirlTRE said... (4/26/09 8:20 AM) Reply
Ok, I need to know where you can finde lightweight fabric that would work for this. I saw a parka/trench on one of the fall issues 2008 of BWOF and I want to make it, but I don't want super stiff, heavy fabric. Thanks for any help anyone could give! Your trench looks great!
Catbird said... (4/26/09 8:16 AM) Reply
It's fantastic! Great job with that tricky but wonderful fabric. And $2.50?????!! Is there some currency conversion I'm missing here? That's amazing. I made one of their (BWOF) trench jackets recently and love it, so I would recommend them also. Great review and job!
Phasionz by M said... (4/26/09 7:37 AM) Reply
Great job!
Kayseri said... (4/26/09 7:16 AM) Reply
This coat looks great. I've been looking for a trench pattern with a floating yoke. It's just bad luck this is the only 2008 issue of Burda WoF that I don't have :-( Ah well I'll have to sift through the public library collection and see if I can find one with the pattern sheets intact.
Schnauzer said... (4/26/09 5:37 AM) Reply
What a fabulous trench, it looks really good on you!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (4/26/09 5:24 AM) Reply
Great trench and what a bargain for the fabric! Thanks for the terrific review..

More Knits