Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7842 (Men's Jacket)

Reviewed by:sewdef

About sewdefstar
GA United States
Member since: 10/20/07
Posted on:5/5/09 7:27 PM
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets    Mens - Pants
sewdef said... (5/6/09 6:44 PM) Reply
MagPie Jen - you do! Although my co-Costume Mistress made that dress, not me, so she's going to review it.
Tiner W said... (5/6/09 5:11 PM) Reply
It looks great!
MagpieJen said... (5/6/09 3:44 PM) Reply
Wonderfully done (like all these costumes you've reviewed)! The cast looks great! Thank you for another really helpful review. Do I spy a Sense and Sensibility 1910s tea gown pattern in the photo with the gentlemen?
crisford said... (5/6/09 12:01 PM) Reply
Thanks! The coat looks great! I'll be using these costume-making tips. Very clever ideas!
minggiddylooloo said... (5/6/09 11:01 AM) Reply
It looks great on the gentleman wearing it!
Kellie R. said... (5/6/09 9:58 AM) Reply
I'm impressed that you jumped in and made an advanced tailored jacket on a time crunch. Great job!
sewdef said... (5/6/09 8:57 AM) Reply
Mary - they are in reality two very different coats. If you are looking for *literally* a civil war coat, I would look for a different one than McCall, although I admit I do not know if such a thing exists. The McCall coat was MUCH harder in comparison to this one, which is supposed to be street clothes rather than a costume!
kerrynw said... (5/6/09 5:27 AM) Reply
Fantastic, great result!
Mary Reed said... (5/5/09 10:11 PM) Reply
So, you would recommend this over the McCall's pattern for Civil War era men's coat? We do reenactments and my husband wants a frock coat. I bought the McCall's, but after your review, I 'm not certain I will use it. Thanks for the two reviews. They come just in time to help me make a decision!
Restart06 said... (5/5/09 9:15 PM) Reply
A nice costume coat, thanks for sharing!

by: velosewer