Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7746 (Marcy Tilton)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:12/10/03 2:02 AM
Last Updated:12/10/03 2:10 AM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Gendun said... (7/1/12 7:19 PM) Reply
There are so many wonderful compliments here.. and all of them are true! It truly does have that super posh look only seen in very good garments by very good designers. Thank you for your incredibly helpful review, as well. Both are very inspiring.
Ann Smith said... (1/16/09 12:44 PM) Reply
mmemagpie, I fixed the photo links for you. Good luck with this wonderful jacket.
mmemagpie said... (1/16/09 1:32 AM) Reply
I HAVE HAD THIS PATTERN FOR SEVERAL YEARS BUT NEVER USED IT, BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE TOO COMPLICATED. GRANTED, ANN IS A MORE PROFICIENT SEWER THAN I, BUT HER COMMENTS MAKE ME THINK I WANT TO TRY THIS PATTERN. BUT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE PHOTO OF YOUR JACKET, BUT FLICKR SAYS IT'S NOT AVAILABLE. ANY IDEAS? THANKS
10Ksteps said... (3/21/05 1:23 PM) Reply
Really encourages me to use this pattern which loks great on you and shows lovely work(woman)ship.
Katharine in BXL said... (12/11/03 10:38 AM) Reply
Stunning jacket! Very Asian-inspired. The mustard silk looks lovely on you.
JDpenelope said... (12/11/03 8:24 AM) Reply
Once again, you've got it all together-fabric, style, fit. Love the bias details and the color.
Rennie Ashby said... (12/10/03 8:46 PM) Reply
I never paid attention to this pattern but now I must HAVE it! You look gorgeous in it. The style, color, and fit are superb on you.
GorgeousFabrics said... (12/10/03 11:52 AM) Reply
Fabulous, Ann - as always! I'm going to NYC in Jan/Feb, and I can't wait to hit up the garment district! -Ann
Lizzy said... (12/10/03 10:55 AM) Reply
This is so gorgeous (all the adjectives have been used up - no wonder!). I have been wanting this pattern but have been concentrating (bogged down) with fitting issues. I really appreciated your detailed comments about the sewing process, and the fit. Your photos illustrate your comments well. Thank-you. Maybe I'll get it for future consideration.
cindyann said... (12/10/03 10:52 AM) Reply
Ann, as always, stunning work. It looks just fabulous on you.
SouthernStitch said... (12/10/03 10:10 AM) Reply
Ann, I love the color of that silk! Your version looks beautiful and flatters you, as always!
Ann Smith said... (12/10/03 9:40 AM) Reply
Thank you all for your lovely comments! jlg: I found the fabric on a recent trip to NYC in a shop in the garment district. Sewing-shoppers heaven....
layla said... (12/10/03 9:23 AM) Reply
Ann, you have the best reviews !! Beautiful quality work and it looks wonderful on you !!
Ann C said... (12/10/03 8:38 AM) Reply
Oh my - how GORGEOUS!
Sharon M said... (12/10/03 8:33 AM) Reply
Beautiful as usual! I always look forward to your reviews...the patterns are typically ones I look at but am hesitant to make and your fabric choices make me drool!!! I would love to come and browse through your closet! Thanks for sharing another lovely creation!
LindaB said... (12/10/03 8:04 AM) Reply
Fabulous ! Perfect selection of silk, you look beautiful.
els said... (12/10/03 6:38 AM) Reply
Hi Ann, you made again a beautiful outfit, the jacket turned out very well, you have such a good taste in patterns and fabric choice and the matching buttons, thumbs up for you. When I saw this Vogue pattern for the first time it reminded me instantly to the Lanvin evening jacket which picture is in the book “Modern Fashion in Detail” at page 50.
PattiA said... (12/10/03 6:29 AM) Reply
Ann, I think we will run out of adjectives with which to praise your work--stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, wonderful--and once again your choice of color and fabric is spot-on.
jlg said... (12/10/03 6:22 AM) Reply
Ann, beautiful work as always. I am so glad that you reviewed this. At the after-Thanksgiving sale, I got most of the Marcy Tilton jacket patterns with the idea of maybe someday making them, but you've encouraged me that this one at least is not so difficult. Where did you get your lovely fabric?
Danvillegirl said... (12/10/03 6:09 AM) Reply
Ann, great looking jacket and the bound buttonhole looks perfect. I have yet to try bound buttonholes. Your comments state it takes a little practice. I am adding this to my things to try in 2004.
Tini said... (12/10/03 3:47 AM) Reply
Absolutley gorgeous. That jacket suits you perfect. I especially love your antique buttons!
Irene said... (12/10/03 2:59 AM) Reply
Ann, your jacket is stunning! This pattern is prominently displayed at my local Jo-Ann's, but my attention has always been drawn to the quilting and zig-zag front edge, rather than to the cut and shape. Your jacket, with its softness, indeed reminds me of the way a silk jacket fits over a formal kimono (with obi sash tied in back). Thank you for pointing out the great features of this pattern, and congratulations on yet another couture addition to your wardrobe!

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2015-109