Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3616 (Misses' V-Neck Knit Tops)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

blueprairie said... (6/25/09 10:23 PM) Reply
thank you for your comments about the modifications you made; I thought the neckline might be a bit low and you confirmed it.
RobinMCPA said... (5/14/09 11:21 AM) Reply
I love it! I've noticed the same thing about the kimono style top I sewed (Simplicity something or other) - it fit fine in the upper body but the lower body was pretty snug on me. I don't have a tiny waist myself so that may be the issue. Yours doesn't look snug there though despite your comment.
Kellie R. said... (5/12/09 8:33 AM) Reply
I love these on you!!!!!!! They both look fabulous! I didn't notice the flowers either - great job!
Danvillegirl said... (5/11/09 9:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern. Like you I am not sure that kimono sleeves are right for me. I like the fabric you chose.
tanroc75 said... (5/11/09 5:19 PM) Reply
Cute top and dress, love the fabric too!
Honeyface said... (5/11/09 12:04 PM) Reply
Very cute! Another spectacular project from you. Great review
HeyJane said... (5/11/09 6:58 AM) Reply
Great tops. I like both sleeve lengths. So ready for summer!
Barbara V said... (5/10/09 9:44 PM) Reply
Both lovely tops. You look great! Happy Mother's Day to you as well.
Heidi Ho said... (5/10/09 9:26 PM) Reply
I think both of these tops are so fun!!! I wouldn't worry for a second about the placement ot that big flower, it looks fine and that print is beautiful! Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!!!
crazygrad said... (5/10/09 6:25 PM) Reply
Those are both great! It took me about 8 minutes to figure out what you meant by belly button accent, so it can't be that bad! I like your versions better than pricey store ones! Great tops!
Christas said... (5/10/09 5:48 PM) Reply
WHAT faux pas? Both these tops look great! Happy Mother's Day to you!
FreyaStark said... (5/10/09 5:28 PM) Reply
They're both cute tops. I'd just wear them and not worry about the print if I were you.
marec said... (5/10/09 5:25 PM) Reply
I love both these tops on you, and the kimono sleeves look great. I've wondered how us petite ones would fare with the sleeves and can see you look great in them. Also, bellybutton? I only see flowers and patterns!! :-)
Em's Summer said... (5/10/09 5:16 PM) Reply
This is such a cute top!
Judy Wentz said... (5/10/09 4:14 PM) Reply
Your tops are both lovely. jw
Annette1 said... (5/10/09 3:11 PM) Reply
Well, first of all, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I can see that you are having a very special day, indeed, in reading your blog and looking at all the pictures. That is one sweet little girl you have there. :o) Secondly, you have NOTHING to be embarassed about with the first version. I HONESTLY didn't even notice your perceived faux pas until you mentioned it. I LOVE both versions, and you just look SO nice in BOTH of them! You have such a knack for bringing patterns to my attention that I hadn't even noticed before. I'm getting this pattern. :o)
eugenia123 said... (5/10/09 2:20 PM) Reply
I love your style Heatherrique and both these tops are fabulous. Thanks for the helpful and entertaining review.
Karyn E said... (5/10/09 2:17 PM) Reply
Very cute tops. I didn't even notive the flower thing until you said something. I think you did a very good job.
sewtime said... (5/10/09 2:14 PM) Reply
Very pretty!!
persevering said... (5/10/09 2:12 PM) Reply
I agree with Catbird - both these look great on you!
Catbird said... (5/10/09 1:59 PM) Reply
Not that I want to disagree with you or anything, but I love version #1!! It would never have occurred to me that the center of the flower was emphasizing your belly button! But they both look great on you and I hope you have fun wearing them and getting lots of compliments. Happy Mother's Day!

Understanding Wool Fabrics