Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2008-108 (Dress)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:5/19/09 0:11 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
CurlyCrafter said... (5/24/09 8:40 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! What a flattering dress!
kerrynw said... (5/21/09 2:41 AM) Reply
Lovely dress, the colour suits you. Yours looks much better than the original!
Danvillegirl said... (5/20/09 5:27 AM) Reply
Lovely and flattering dress on you. Love the color!
Christas said... (5/20/09 0:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress ..... it looks so lovely on you!
lmg said... (5/19/09 10:53 PM) Reply
Much nicer than the Burda fashion photo. A lovely red dress.
Pamaro said... (5/19/09 6:46 PM) Reply
That's a very attractive dress on you. Beautiful choice of fabric, too.
Mahler said... (5/19/09 4:42 PM) Reply
I love red dresses and yours has just the perfect intensity of colour. This is a great pattern, I love that style on you. Plus those sandals seam wonderful. This is a great look, very actual. Another great silk garment in your wardrobe. I still think about the silk safari out fit ... I am jealous of it ;-) I think of that dress as well. Thank you for sharing you creations. They are wonderful.
sew2little said... (5/19/09 4:33 PM) Reply
Barbara--this dress looks wonderful on you and gives me an object lesson. I almost never choose a solid, but I think this looks so chic in the fabric you chose. So I need a new mantra when I go fabric shopping: solids, solids, solids. Marci
DorothyK said... (5/19/09 12:50 PM) Reply
This is a really nice dress. You look fabulous in it. It's nice to have a dress that's so comfortable. I like the waistline. I love your choice of fabric. :)
Judy Wentz said... (5/19/09 12:37 PM) Reply
Very nice! jw
EleanorSews said... (5/19/09 11:44 AM) Reply
So nice! Love your choice of soil noil. This looks great on you. The classic simplicity of a shirtwaist given a whole new look. BTW, I like your photos better than the BWOF image....
crisford said... (5/19/09 11:21 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful and fits you very well. To know that it is made of silk bumps it up a few more levels, too.
Kelly D. said... (5/19/09 9:42 AM) Reply
As always, you've made a fabulous dress and it looks smashing on you. A collar on a stand is my favorite detail on a shirt or dress. Thanks for the link to the tutorial.
Sallygirl said... (5/19/09 9:35 AM) Reply
Love this dress in red! I will have to study the collar tutorial just in case I make this a third time. Just for future reference, I folded each of the 2 outside pleats toward the center. The two inside pleats meet in the center. At least that's what I read the markings to say and so that's how I did it. :)
Speech girl said... (5/19/09 9:32 AM) Reply
Pretty dress!
Kellie R. said... (5/19/09 9:21 AM) Reply
I love this dress. It is so stylish and the silk noil really makes it sophisticated. Lovely!
graustark said... (5/19/09 8:12 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! It looks both comfortable and the fit is great. I love the elastic on the sides. And thanks for posting the collar tutorial. I am working on a shirtdress from the most recent issue of BWOF and FWIW, the directions pleats should fold are marked on this pattern.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (5/19/09 6:55 AM) Reply
Thank you for the great review. I am glad I am not the only one who can't work out which way to fold the pleats. I think I get it wrong every time! Your dress is lovely!
Sewnsewmom said... (5/19/09 3:15 AM) Reply
Very pretty. Great color too.
Ann Smith said... (5/19/09 3:08 AM) Reply
What a great dress! I love the color on you plus the silk noil choice of fabric.
paolag said... (5/19/09 2:23 AM) Reply
I have been wanting to make this dress for ages, but have been waiting for my skills to catch up. I think I'm nearly there, so I will give this one a crack soon. Looks great on you, and the accessories set it off perfectly.
morzel said... (5/19/09 2:05 AM) Reply
Aah, another great version of this. This is a wonderful dress on you! Looks like it is very versatile, as it can be dressed up or down.
Twinset said... (5/19/09 0:49 AM) Reply
You look fantastic in your beautiful red dress!!! Love it.
michellep74 said... (5/19/09 0:23 AM) Reply
Great looking dress! The red is a good color on you.

by: EmeraldEri...