Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8383 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE DRESS A)

Reviewed by:Kellie R.

About Kellie R.starstar
Member since: 7/4/07
Posted on:5/14/09 7:21 PM
Last Updated:5/14/09 8:29 PM

canyonlady67 said... (1/8/13 0:53 AM) Reply
I'm cutting view D out of linen...I think your dress looks great. :) Do you remember if you used interfacing on the front bodice piece as prescribed? The linen has so much body to it...with lining, the interfacing seems like it would be a bit much.
Hilary said... (6/3/09 3:21 PM) Reply
I too think it looks beautiful on you! But, did you notice, the buttons don't match? (ROFLOL~MEN! :D )
Annette1 said... (5/16/09 4:58 PM) Reply
But it's so CUUUUUUUUUUTE!! (I'm whining now, just in case it's not coming across in print.) I HOPE you'll wear it at least SOME. Look how TINY your waist looks in that "HOLY SKIN BATMAN" picture. :o) I see what you mean about it showing a lot of skin, but in the other pose where you're just standing naturally, I don't think it's too extreme at all. If you don't like the length (and you have more of the fabric), maybe you could add a ruffle on the bottom. I'm not a fan of adding RUFFLES to fix stuff normally, but in this particular style, it's often a design element anyway. I think you should WEAR it, A LOT. Ms. Buttinski, signing off.
Wino said... (5/16/09 10:25 AM) Reply
Very cute Kellie! I just purchased this pattern and am thinking of fabric-I love the retro shirtwaist look. It reminds me of my Mom!
JuneHawk said... (5/15/09 7:26 PM) Reply
What are you talking about? It looks great on you!
Deb Fox said... (5/15/09 1:20 PM) Reply
Kellie, I think it looks absolutely wonderful on you! It's just as cute as could be, very retro and the perfect summer dress. I think you did a beautiful job, and if you don't want, I would happily take it from you (even though I'm sure we are not even close to being the same size!)
Gold said... (5/15/09 11:38 AM) Reply
I think it looks good on you!
nicegirl said... (5/15/09 10:48 AM) Reply
That cutout under the arm is pretty extreme! But I think this looks cute on you. It seems like a pattern with a lot of potential.
Heatherrique said... (5/15/09 8:30 AM) Reply
Flattering silhouette and I like the halter style on you! You're being too critical! You still look fiiiiiiiiiiiine!
Kaitlinnegan said... (5/15/09 1:51 AM) Reply
Actually, I think that this is a very flattering silhouette on you. It emphasizes your beautiful shoulders and arms and definitely draws the eye up. I know what you mean about the coverage issue, though - that would make it hard to wear. Nice work on the dress, and very helpful review!
Berniejh said... (5/14/09 10:32 PM) Reply
Wear it, wear it, wear it! It looks absolutely fantastic on you. You have lovely skin so show it off.
Em's Summer said... (5/14/09 9:25 PM) Reply
This looks great on you, Kellie, but I understand your concern about the scant fabric in the side shot. I think that would bother me, too. This still, though, looks really good on you! And it is just a perfect breezy style for summer! BTW--CONGRATULATIONS on winning the Vintage Contest! Your dress was just beautiful!
Sweetiebop said... (5/14/09 8:41 PM) Reply
So sorry to hear you don't like the way this dress looks on you. I truly think you look very pretty.
Athene said... (5/14/09 8:38 PM) Reply
Kellie you are very pretty and I think you do look pretty in this dress. However I do know that you if think it doesn't suit you, you won't like it on you. But try to give it a chance.
CynthiaSue said... (5/14/09 7:43 PM) Reply
But you look so cute Kellie! and the color is so great. I know why you chose this pattern. It is kind of a 50's retro shirtdress. I bet if it was a vintage pattern, you would have loved it!:):) I think you should wear it all summer.
Jatman said... (5/14/09 7:37 PM) Reply
I really think this is cute and love the fabric. Would you like it better if you had a shrug or bolero jacket to put with it? I hope it sees the outside of your closet this summer because it's really cute on you!

Understanding Knit Fabrics