Pattern Reviews> Advance Pattern Company> 7850 (1950s shirtwaist dress)

Reviewed by:graustark

About graustarkstar
TX USA
Member since: 9/7/08
Posted on:5/17/09 10:10 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
heapha said... (2/18/10 7:41 PM) Reply
actually I find set in sleeves to be way easier than the kimono style you ahve done here... could you tell me how you took material out from under the arms as I am struggling to get the kimono sleeve to not look bulky on me.
Mebber said... (7/15/09 3:12 PM) Reply
Beautiful. You have a great sense of style.
Kellie R. said... (5/18/09 10:49 AM) Reply
This is a GREAT dress! I can see why you decided that you WILL make this again - it has lots of possibilitites. Great job!
mrs quickly said... (5/17/09 4:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Very fresh and sweet. Wonderful fabric and button choice.
MaryDB said... (5/17/09 3:30 PM) Reply
Great job, the dress looks terrific on you, and so comfortable.
eugenia123 said... (5/17/09 2:24 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress. It looks beautifully made - great job. I love it.
Lisa Merry said... (5/17/09 2:23 PM) Reply
Super cute! The dress looks lovely on you and I love the cuffs, collar, and watermelon red lining.
Speech girl said... (5/17/09 1:01 PM) Reply
Lovely--great job, especially with all the "firsts". Fun fabric choice--great for warm weather.
Peggy L said... (5/17/09 12:45 PM) Reply
Great dress! You did a wonderful job and I love your choice of fabric/lining/buttons. It looks comfortable and cool for the hot Houston weather. I think you could have several of these in your wardrobe.
Tiner W said... (5/17/09 12:39 PM) Reply
I love your dress!
birdmcfarland said... (5/17/09 11:00 AM) Reply
I am in love with this dress. I think shirt-dresses are so versatile, ladylike and functional. You did a really nice job on this and it looks fantastic. As far as making another one, I think you could have several of these and vary things like the sleeves and collar for interest. Bravo!!
Catbird said... (5/17/09 10:52 AM) Reply
I love the way this looks on you. That retro style suits you and I think all the design choices you made worked really well. I even like the slight looseness in the waistline -- to me that just adds to the cool, summery, retro look. And as far as more experienced sewists not making silly mistakes . . . well I can assure you (speaking only for myself) that that's not the case! Love the watermelon red lining and the buttons too. Nice job!

Sewing Workshop Icon Shirt