Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 11-2008-135 (Cocktail dress)

Reviewed by:Twinset

About Twinsetstarstarstarstar
QC Canada
Member since: 9/15/07
Posted on:6/5/09 6:47 PM
Last Updated:5/8/10 12:39 PM
senaSews said... (5/11/10 9:01 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress. Love that color!
marec said... (5/9/10 8:45 PM) Reply
Beautiful LBD (little blue dress) and very detailed and interesting review. Thanks.
Elke said... (5/9/10 8:50 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and great review! Fabulous photos too.
Heidi Ho said... (5/8/10 10:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful in that blue.
Catbird said... (5/8/10 7:58 PM) Reply
You should make thousands of these. Beautiful!! And I love those shoes, too.
Elizabeth made this said... (5/8/10 6:07 PM) Reply
Rhonda in Montreal said... (5/8/10 5:37 PM) Reply
Has a review EVER had THIS many comments?? 57 and counting?? ;o Beautiful, classy, sexy!! And... the dress is gorgeous, too ;)
Barbara V said... (5/8/10 4:59 PM) Reply
Well here - let me be the 3rd one on the same adjective track - beautiful, spectacular, exquisitely fiitted, stunning, fabulous - and that is for both dresses. Wonderful work!
homejewel said... (5/8/10 1:57 PM) Reply
I love the black dress, but the blue dress is equally stunning. You can see the details better in the photos and I love everything about it. It looks fabulous on you! Great job and great review. edited: haha - the previous poster and I must be on the same adjective track!
sew2little said... (5/8/10 1:55 PM) Reply
The black version is beautiful, but that blue is spectacular on you--you look fabulous in your exquisitely fitted dress--did I use enough positive adjectives??
amy in mpls said... (6/12/09 5:08 PM) Reply
Love it! you look great, and the dress is perfect...
Mahler said... (6/9/09 10:39 PM) Reply
Was I right or want. But before that, all my apologies for being so late at commenting your most magnificent dress. I am not surprise that it has been a hit on the PR. Woaw, look at the coverstich work. I want one. Your hem is more then perfet. Bravissima ! I love the look on you. You are top chic and sexy in that dress !!!!!!!!!!!!
cdi9c said... (6/7/09 6:34 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous! Your construction is impeccable.
Kay Y said... (6/7/09 11:19 AM) Reply
Burda did not make this dress look as beautiful on their model as it looks on you. Bravo!
akazukinchan said... (6/7/09 8:06 AM) Reply
Leora said... (6/7/09 0:12 AM) Reply
You are gorgeous!
Heidi Ho said... (6/6/09 10:58 PM) Reply
That is an awesome dress!!! It looks great on you..I mean way better than great it is a total knock out...I wish I had that issue it turned out terrific!!! Great review also!
kim*brown said... (6/6/09 8:43 PM) Reply
Flattering fit and very chic style!
kerrynw said... (6/6/09 7:22 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful LBD! You look stunning. I can't believe this hasn't been reviewed before.
Darla in PA said... (6/6/09 6:27 PM) Reply
What a great dress! You look beautiful.
Mufffet said... (6/6/09 6:07 PM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL dress...looks terrific on you, and very svelte!
zazzie said... (6/6/09 5:29 PM) Reply
Absolutely lovely and yes, with beaucoup de classe. Cool blog by the way ! I might visit de temps en temps.
CynthiaSue said... (6/6/09 4:05 PM) Reply
I think you are making everone go back and look at their November BWOF 2008!:) I know I am and trying to think of places where I could wear this dress:) Really stunning.
Grammy Gin said... (6/6/09 2:52 PM) Reply
Beautiful Job! You look fabulous!!!!
shaggy said... (6/6/09 1:00 PM) Reply
Thi is perfect!!
DaisyEsq said... (6/6/09 12:02 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful!
barbcl said... (6/6/09 11:44 AM) Reply
Great that you took this project on and made it sing! Sometimes I also wish Burda would make the photos more descriptive of the result.
Barbara V said... (6/6/09 10:49 AM) Reply
Stunning dress! You look great in it especially on stage! Wonderful review.
DorothyK said... (6/6/09 10:41 AM) Reply
Terrific dress. You did a great job.
Heatherrique said... (6/6/09 10:30 AM) Reply
Trop belle, JazzBird! Quand vas tu chanter pour nous?
PegL said... (6/6/09 10:14 AM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous! I really enjoy your blog too!
Ellenatlga said... (6/6/09 9:40 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! I have this pattern traced out, just waiting on the perfect fabric! I'm going touse your suggestion about the alternate fabrics. Great idea, beautiful dress!
Fran G said... (6/6/09 9:32 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress.! Your workmanship is superb, your choice of fabric perfect , your review worth 10 stars!Thanks for all the detailed shots, both construction and action. Off to check out your blog!
valerie sews said... (6/6/09 9:13 AM) Reply
Thank you for bringing this dress to life and reviewing it. Your pics really do look better than the Burda one, you look great.
JEF said... (6/6/09 8:51 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress. It looks a lot better on you than it does on the model. Great job!
carolynw said... (6/6/09 8:50 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress - Mahler's advice was so right - great review and I love the action shots
sewing addict said... (6/6/09 8:18 AM) Reply
That is such a great review and like the others said it looks so much better than the one in the magazine. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures too.
Leslie in Austin said... (6/6/09 8:00 AM) Reply
This dress is a stunner! I looked and looked at this one in the November issue, but was so unimpressed with the version in the mag that I skipped right past it. Yours makes it clear that this is a must make dress! Thanks for the thorough review! Oh, and Judy Barlap and the sewing place sell fusible tapes. I've used and have been pleased with both!
Woolygal said... (6/6/09 7:59 AM) Reply
What fun. The dress looks great.
becca a said... (6/6/09 6:59 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! It is so elegant and fits you so well. Your workmanship is superb.
Jali said... (6/6/09 6:31 AM) Reply
Classy dress! I think the fact that you thought so thoroughly through the process, makes it extra special.
eugenia123 said... (6/6/09 6:04 AM) Reply
Stunning dress and so beautifully made. Thanks for such a great review.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (6/6/09 3:35 AM) Reply
Fabo dress and a great review!
Markie1 said... (6/6/09 2:05 AM) Reply
Littlejazzbird, this is a seriously sexy and feminine dress you made here, girl! I will have to revisit that Burda, because yours looks so much better than theirs did> Well done!
redhotpepper said... (6/6/09 1:29 AM) Reply
Drop dead gorgeous! It looks great on you and so appropriate for a performance.
Elke said... (6/6/09 1:04 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! Looks great on you.
Lisa Laree said... (6/6/09 0:07 AM) Reply
kimmielovesparis said... (6/5/09 11:19 PM) Reply
I always love your reviews...the fabulous clothes you make. Wow is right!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (6/5/09 11:16 PM) Reply
This is an absolutely stunning dress on you and the photos are fantastic. I know exactly what you mean about procrastinating over patterns, sometimes you just need to dive in and making up a lot of patterns from one issue is a fun way to go about it.
okie2thdoc said... (6/5/09 10:55 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress- thanks for the review.
Vintage Joan said... (6/5/09 10:01 PM) Reply
Wow, wow, wow -- so beautiful!! :) And your action shots are wonderful, too, as is your helpful attention to detail in this review!
SoVintage said... (6/5/09 9:50 PM) Reply
Nancy Rhodes said... (6/5/09 9:43 PM) Reply
Like the tune, HOT HOT HOT... Fabulous Darling!
Amanda S. said... (6/5/09 9:25 PM) Reply
Ditto the WOW comments. I too thought this would look awful on small busted gals. It's so nice to see this made up and I think you've convinced me that I need this design in my closet. Thanks for such a thorough review.
JoanneM said... (6/5/09 9:13 PM) Reply
Simply stunning.
Lori V said... (6/5/09 9:10 PM) Reply
Catbird said... (6/5/09 8:58 PM) Reply
Whew! This is a delicious review and a complete knockout of a dress. I love your new blog, love the action shots, but wish I could hear some of your music! You never fail to inspire me. You look beautiful, chic and at ease in your new dress.
Sallygirl said... (6/5/09 7:57 PM) Reply
WOW! That dress is fantastic! Great review too. Love the action shot! I think Burda needs some people from here to showcase their clothes. I always like them better than in the magazine.
Gelbean said... (6/5/09 7:53 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!
Sew4Fun said... (6/5/09 7:44 PM) Reply
Wow, fabulous dress! You look beautiful. You weren't the only one that thought this dress looked cute in BWOF but many of us don't have your figure to pull it off. :)
cabinbaby said... (6/5/09 7:33 PM) Reply
Wow, great dress and I love your action shots.
Vonnevo said... (6/5/09 7:10 PM) Reply
A stunning dress and fabulous photos !!! Just perfect :)
librarylady said... (6/5/09 6:53 PM) Reply