Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1099 (Plain & Simple Princess Shirt)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

About Peggy Lstarstarstar
TN USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:5/20/09 5:33 PM
Last Updated:5/31/09 1:12 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
Nancy K said... (10/31/09 12:24 PM) Reply
Fabulous shirts. I just ordered the reissued pattern because I love the collar. With my short neck, I hate blouses with stands.
CarolynGM said... (10/31/09 5:27 AM) Reply
How did I miss this review? I especially love that gray version with pleats. I might try that as this is a tnt pattern for me also.
Sanibelle said... (6/2/09 2:55 AM) Reply
I didn't have time to read your review when you first posted it and now I get treated to a quadruple play! I love all the versions (that aqua is a beautiful color on you), but the pleats kick this top up many more notches. I might be overseeing it, but I think the link for your first version is missing. I did see it in your flickr album, though. Thanks for showing all the views. :)
Re Becca said... (5/31/09 10:43 PM) Reply
Fabulous, again! I have to get one of those pleaters!
FreyaStark said... (5/31/09 5:19 PM) Reply
Well done. They're gorgeous shirts - all of them!
Karla Kizer said... (5/31/09 2:31 PM) Reply
I LOVE those pleats - and the neck finish is perfect.
AnneMarie60 said... (5/31/09 2:15 PM) Reply
Gorgeous pleating! You were well inspired. Fantastic results on all of your beautiful shirts!
Annette1 said... (5/31/09 2:00 PM) Reply
Well, this is definitely the cutest WORK SHIRT I've ever seen. :o) I'm getting ready to work RAT NOW, so hand it over. I LOVE the back pleats. Of course, I had one of those little pleaters at one time too, but I think it's long gone. Wish I'd thought of this idea myself, and maybe I'd still have it. :o)
Annette1 said... (5/25/09 0:42 AM) Reply
Well, you've just been sewing up a storm! What a GREAT pattern, most definitely a TNT. It has nice shaping, but not too MUCH shaping. I REALLY like your aqua silk. I get the impression a lot of people don't like facings. Personally, I love them. They make for sure a nice finish.
Leora said... (5/24/09 11:41 PM) Reply
Sew like the wind Peggy! You look great in your new blouse, very nice!
renren said... (5/24/09 11:34 PM) Reply
Wait, am I to understand you have sewn THREE blouses in less than a week??? Unfair! I'm still finishing up a blouse without a collar and without buttons that I started 3 weeks ago. Well, they are all beautiful, but I really love the lavendar one with the paired buttons; also love the blue silk one, too. Love the red one, too. Well, I think I should go finish my little Burda blouse now and get it reviewed. Sigh . . .
Re Becca said... (5/24/09 9:16 PM) Reply
I like the collar, and the double buttons.
PegL said... (5/23/09 1:20 PM) Reply
Great blouse! I have this pattern but didn't get your good results. Perhaps I should try again and use the collar tutorial! Thanks for that link!
Ody said... (5/22/09 7:15 PM) Reply
Didn't we have fun at the Cynthia fitting party in March! Boy! did we work hard! You really got a fabulous looking blouse, and as you said, it will be your Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri--shirt. I know when you were doing the mock up in March, the shirt looked really good. Don't you just love a TNT with great fit??? BTW, thanks for the add ons in the review.
BettyMike said... (5/22/09 2:45 PM) Reply
Very nice looking "muslin".
renren said... (5/21/09 10:04 PM) Reply
Wow, what kind of buttons are those you ordered for a muslin??? Very nice blouse and thanks for the narrow hem tip--I knew I had seen it somewhere at PR and your review is very timely for me because I needed this information TODAY in order to finish a top I've been working on. And I dreaded trying to track it down because it seems when I search for info I have a difficult time finding it. So THANKS!!!! I used Karla Kizer's method (I guess handed down from Louise Cutting) and got a very nice narrow hem!
blue mooney said... (5/21/09 7:15 PM) Reply
Go-anywhere and wear-with-everything sums it up! Great classic shirt. This looks fantastic for a muslin - the print is fun!
carolynw said... (5/21/09 8:50 AM) Reply
Love the look of this - and it's great that for you it's now a TNT - too bad it's OOP as good shirt patterns are really hard to come by!!
Rebecca D said... (5/21/09 7:05 AM) Reply
OK, I've got this pattern and have been looking for a summer shirt pattern. No more fooling around I am going to do it based on your wonderful shirt.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (5/21/09 5:24 AM) Reply
Peggy...I LOVE this pattern...and your version is lovely. I've made everything from shirts to casual jackets (one from suede, another from quite heavy denim) with it! Too bad it's OOP..it's a very nice classic shirt!
mssewcrazy said... (5/20/09 10:50 PM) Reply
I really like your shirt. I had shied away from trying this one because of the unusual collar and lack of instructions with the pattern. Thank you so much for the tutorial link. I plan to spend some time on that site studying.
Patti B said... (5/20/09 8:42 PM) Reply
How I would love a TNT blouse pattern! Yours looks great. I'm sure it would take Cynthia Guffey to fit me too. /grin/
Re Becca said... (5/20/09 7:41 PM) Reply
That looks super cute, you miss slinky you!
Restart06 said... (5/20/09 7:31 PM) Reply
wonderful shirt!!!! you will enjoy wearing and it will look so great on you!!!! I know it fits you perfectly! Thanks for sharing, and looks like a great pattern, too bad it is OOP.
Karla Kizer said... (5/20/09 7:25 PM) Reply
Love that fabric. I'm so glad this pattern - and the narrow hem - worked for you. BTW, since I first made that shirt, and was reminded on Pam's off-the-cuff-style.blogspot.com of what a nice collar it is, I've morphed the collar onto another pattern and it worked perfectly. I'm sorry the HP pattern is now OOP; it's a good one. Nice blouse!
Heatherrique said... (5/20/09 6:48 PM) Reply
Such a sharp looking top!
Christas said... (5/20/09 6:30 PM) Reply
Wow, you are on a roll with all the cute garments you have been sewing! This top is so nice!
michellep74 said... (5/20/09 6:24 PM) Reply
Congrats on your TNT blouse pattern! It looks great on the dress form.

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

DRESS LINES - A CD Book by Kenneth King