Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1099 (Plain & Simple Princess Shirt)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

Last Updated:5/31/09 1:12 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people

Vesta Patterns

Nancy K said... (10/31/09 12:24 PM) Reply
Fabulous shirts. I just ordered the reissued pattern because I love the collar. With my short neck, I hate blouses with stands.
CarolynGM said... (10/31/09 5:27 AM) Reply
How did I miss this review? I especially love that gray version with pleats. I might try that as this is a tnt pattern for me also.
Sanibelle said... (6/2/09 2:55 AM) Reply
I didn't have time to read your review when you first posted it and now I get treated to a quadruple play! I love all the versions (that aqua is a beautiful color on you), but the pleats kick this top up many more notches. I might be overseeing it, but I think the link for your first version is missing. I did see it in your flickr album, though. Thanks for showing all the views. :)
Re Becca said... (5/31/09 10:43 PM) Reply
Fabulous, again! I have to get one of those pleaters!
FreyaStark said... (5/31/09 5:19 PM) Reply
Well done. They're gorgeous shirts - all of them!
Karla Kizer said... (5/31/09 2:31 PM) Reply
I LOVE those pleats - and the neck finish is perfect.
AnneMarie60 said... (5/31/09 2:15 PM) Reply
Gorgeous pleating! You were well inspired. Fantastic results on all of your beautiful shirts!
Annette1 said... (5/31/09 2:00 PM) Reply
Well, this is definitely the cutest WORK SHIRT I've ever seen. :o) I'm getting ready to work RAT NOW, so hand it over. I LOVE the back pleats. Of course, I had one of those little pleaters at one time too, but I think it's long gone. Wish I'd thought of this idea myself, and maybe I'd still have it. :o)
Annette1 said... (5/25/09 0:42 AM) Reply
Well, you've just been sewing up a storm! What a GREAT pattern, most definitely a TNT. It has nice shaping, but not too MUCH shaping. I REALLY like your aqua silk. I get the impression a lot of people don't like facings. Personally, I love them. They make for sure a nice finish.
Leora said... (5/24/09 11:41 PM) Reply
Sew like the wind Peggy! You look great in your new blouse, very nice!
renren said... (5/24/09 11:34 PM) Reply
Wait, am I to understand you have sewn THREE blouses in less than a week??? Unfair! I'm still finishing up a blouse without a collar and without buttons that I started 3 weeks ago. Well, they are all beautiful, but I really love the lavendar one with the paired buttons; also love the blue silk one, too. Love the red one, too. Well, I think I should go finish my little Burda blouse now and get it reviewed. Sigh . . .
Re Becca said... (5/24/09 9:16 PM) Reply
I like the collar, and the double buttons.
PegL said... (5/23/09 1:20 PM) Reply
Great blouse! I have this pattern but didn't get your good results. Perhaps I should try again and use the collar tutorial! Thanks for that link!
Ody said... (5/22/09 7:15 PM) Reply
Didn't we have fun at the Cynthia fitting party in March! Boy! did we work hard! You really got a fabulous looking blouse, and as you said, it will be your Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri--shirt. I know when you were doing the mock up in March, the shirt looked really good. Don't you just love a TNT with great fit??? BTW, thanks for the add ons in the review.
BettyMike said... (5/22/09 2:45 PM) Reply
Very nice looking "muslin".
renren said... (5/21/09 10:04 PM) Reply
Wow, what kind of buttons are those you ordered for a muslin??? Very nice blouse and thanks for the narrow hem tip--I knew I had seen it somewhere at PR and your review is very timely for me because I needed this information TODAY in order to finish a top I've been working on. And I dreaded trying to track it down because it seems when I search for info I have a difficult time finding it. So THANKS!!!! I used Karla Kizer's method (I guess handed down from Louise Cutting) and got a very nice narrow hem!
blue mooney said... (5/21/09 7:15 PM) Reply
Go-anywhere and wear-with-everything sums it up! Great classic shirt. This looks fantastic for a muslin - the print is fun!
carolynw said... (5/21/09 8:50 AM) Reply
Love the look of this - and it's great that for you it's now a TNT - too bad it's OOP as good shirt patterns are really hard to come by!!
Rebecca D said... (5/21/09 7:05 AM) Reply
OK, I've got this pattern and have been looking for a summer shirt pattern. No more fooling around I am going to do it based on your wonderful shirt.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (5/21/09 5:24 AM) Reply
Peggy...I LOVE this pattern...and your version is lovely. I've made everything from shirts to casual jackets (one from suede, another from quite heavy denim) with it! Too bad it's's a very nice classic shirt!
mssewcrazy said... (5/20/09 10:50 PM) Reply
I really like your shirt. I had shied away from trying this one because of the unusual collar and lack of instructions with the pattern. Thank you so much for the tutorial link. I plan to spend some time on that site studying.
Patti B said... (5/20/09 8:42 PM) Reply
How I would love a TNT blouse pattern! Yours looks great. I'm sure it would take Cynthia Guffey to fit me too. /grin/
Re Becca said... (5/20/09 7:41 PM) Reply
That looks super cute, you miss slinky you!
Restart06 said... (5/20/09 7:31 PM) Reply
wonderful shirt!!!! you will enjoy wearing and it will look so great on you!!!! I know it fits you perfectly! Thanks for sharing, and looks like a great pattern, too bad it is OOP.
Karla Kizer said... (5/20/09 7:25 PM) Reply
Love that fabric. I'm so glad this pattern - and the narrow hem - worked for you. BTW, since I first made that shirt, and was reminded on Pam's of what a nice collar it is, I've morphed the collar onto another pattern and it worked perfectly. I'm sorry the HP pattern is now OOP; it's a good one. Nice blouse!
Heatherrique said... (5/20/09 6:48 PM) Reply
Such a sharp looking top!
Christas said... (5/20/09 6:30 PM) Reply
Wow, you are on a roll with all the cute garments you have been sewing! This top is so nice!
michellep74 said... (5/20/09 6:24 PM) Reply
Congrats on your TNT blouse pattern! It looks great on the dress form.

Kwik Sew 2994