Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6892 (Misses' Gathered Neckline Tops)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:5/27/09 10:41 PM
Last Updated:6/6/09 10:26 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
JMarie1962 said... (6/29/09 9:47 PM) Reply
Another super cute top from you! I just picked up this pattern today and will be making it in a sheer crinkly fabric (I'm terrible about noting content!) Hope you had a wonderful time in Sweden. My hubby's from there too - so beautiful and serene.
Sheila457 said... (6/9/09 7:46 AM) Reply
Lovely top and have made it twice.
Christas said... (6/6/09 11:08 PM) Reply
Beautiful top on you! Love the colors! You'll look fantastic in Sweden AND America!
Catbird said... (6/6/09 9:30 PM) Reply
That's very beautiful on you. Have fun in Sweden!
persevering said... (6/6/09 9:24 PM) Reply
You look great in both versions of this top. Thanks for your reviews.
Lisa Merry said... (6/6/09 4:36 PM) Reply
I love this version! It looks great on you!
CynthiaSue said... (6/6/09 3:58 PM) Reply
hey, i just got this Friday. I love it .the reason i got it was because i thought it was extremely rTW!! and now since you've made it, i know it is! you are always at the forefront of trends! Yours is adorble.
Annette1 said... (6/6/09 3:50 PM) Reply
You just look great in COLOR, period. It doesn't seem to matter WHAT color it is. :o) Your blue/yellow top will be perfect for your trip to Sweden to see Heather's grandparents. I loved looking at your Grandparents picture set, too. :o)
eugenia123 said... (6/6/09 1:35 PM) Reply
I just LOVE your latest version of this top, that material is gorgeous - everyone in Sweden is going to think you look fabulous.
Michele Lommasson said... (6/6/09 12:05 PM) Reply
Very cute!
heathercampbell29 said... (6/6/09 10:33 AM) Reply
Great Job. I just finished 2 of these (view c) and will post my review soon but i really love this top. I did mine exactly as the pattern instructs and it was definitely less than 2 hrs from cutting to finish. Yours look great. I liked that I didn't need an FBA with this top.
FuzzyNavelPeach said... (6/2/09 0:01 AM) Reply
I wouldn't have given this pattern a second look, but I love how this turned out. You did a great job and it looks great on you!
kim*brown said... (5/30/09 9:39 PM) Reply
Ok, can I have this?
Heatherrique said... (5/30/09 9:00 AM) Reply
Thanks everybody for your kind words and providing me the incentive to sew this top again! I purchased this pattern on a whim, not certain how the results would be. The biggest irony is that patterns I had high hopes for turned out iffy or as wadders or near-wadders.
nancy2001 said... (5/29/09 5:30 PM) Reply
Beautifully made, and every bit as nice as the ones costing hundreds of dollars more.
Barbara V said... (5/29/09 11:04 AM) Reply
Oh so pretty on you and very comfortable looking. It really looks like a lovely summer top!
mhk3boys said... (5/28/09 9:03 PM) Reply
Your top is so cool looking! I love your version of Loverboy! I will be singing it for the rest of the day! :)
Christas said... (5/28/09 8:05 PM) Reply
Very nice top! It looks great on you!
CynthiaSue said... (5/28/09 5:50 PM) Reply
Love the Loverboy. I like singing the verses you quote, then trying to remember the song and artist as I am an 80's freak. You top totally looks like 300 bucks!! way to go!
nicegirl said... (5/28/09 5:31 PM) Reply
Very cute! Isn't threading narrow elastic through an even narrower casing a thrill a minute?
Katerina said... (5/28/09 3:43 PM) Reply
Great looking top!I love your fabric and this style looks perfect on you!Thanks for another helpful review.
Izzie said... (5/28/09 1:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! This style really suits you and the fabric is gorgeous. Great review and thanks for the musical interlude..I'll be singing "turn me loose" and doing the saftey dance for the rest of the day! LOL
ITAdmin said... (5/28/09 12:57 PM) Reply
Another cute shirt to add to all your others! Love the length and style of the sleeves.
Kellie R. said... (5/28/09 12:16 PM) Reply
This is a GORGEOUS top! I love everything about it: the sleeves, the neckline the fabric... You look GREAT!
Mahler said... (5/28/09 12:15 PM) Reply
This is among my favourite top of all the ones you made ! I love the look on you. This is so bohemian chic. I really love it !
CurlyCrafter said... (5/28/09 11:23 AM) Reply
lovely blouse! I really like this style, too!
fryman said... (5/28/09 10:59 AM) Reply
I went through the many photos you supplied of your blouse creations. All very lovely . I can tell you're a happy sewer. Go Girl!
Michelle L said... (5/28/09 10:25 AM) Reply
Great top! The fabric is to die for! What a fantastic shirt for summer
Em's Summer said... (5/28/09 10:17 AM) Reply
This looks really nice on you! I especially love the sleeves!
Jali said... (5/28/09 8:56 AM) Reply
That's just lovely! I love how you achieved the look you wanted from the inspiration photos. I'd say your top combines the best from all those tops.
HeyJane said... (5/28/09 8:54 AM) Reply
Beautious. Way better than those other designers' versions. I adore that fabric, it looks sooooo comfortable.
shesflipped said... (5/28/09 8:19 AM) Reply
I love this style of top, and just purchased this pattern last week! Your top is FABULOUS in the fabric you've used. Very hippy-chic!
marjenann said... (5/28/09 7:36 AM) Reply
Wow, another fantastic look. You look terrific! I admit, I am watching "The Real Housewives of New Jersey", and this style is all the rage! Your rendition is awesome. I must get busy and whip up a few for moi!! Annette
Michele19 said... (5/28/09 7:35 AM) Reply
It's really cute. And it looks just as expensive as the other tops you were inspired by. the fabric is gorgeous! Great review.
eugenia123 said... (5/28/09 5:08 AM) Reply
Another top that shows off your fabulous sense of style. I just love, love, love it. Great pattern choice (I'm going to buy it right now!) and your fabric is so perfect. Thanks for excellent review.
Annette1 said... (5/28/09 2:19 AM) Reply
VERY cute in this wonderful embroidered linen. AND I really think you can end your search for the perfect belt, because this IS the perfect belt, I think. It repeats the design of the embroidered flowers, adds a little sparkle, defines the waist, and yet doesn't cut up the lines of the blouse. FABULISIMO look! (I made that word up.) I can't believe of all the patterns with gathered necklines I've poured over in the wee hours, I never thought of just TIGHTENING THE ELASTIC to pull in the shoulders. Duh! :o) That's a perfect fix.
renren said... (5/28/09 0:31 AM) Reply
Ah, the mystique of Heatherique beckons . . . and another marvelous top it is. (By the way, my 16 y.o. dd is watching Pretty in Pink I(from the 80s) on DVD upstairs and I am hearing some of the music--which is good--and I thought, I'll bet Heatherique knows these songs. Your musicology is lost on me as I must have been sleepwalking through the 80s, but it does sound like there was some good stuff out there!)
michellep74 said... (5/27/09 10:45 PM) Reply
Very cute top--perfect for summer! I love that fabric, too!

by: abbythomas