Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8397 (MISSES' PANTS)

Reviewed by:ssssdeb

About ssssdebstar
UT United States
Member since: 11/3/08
Posted on:5/26/09 8:24 PM
Last Updated:5/26/09 8:30 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Mebber said... (6/22/09 8:57 AM) Reply
Thank you for an excellent review. I also struggle with greatly oversized patterns and I will avoid this one. I was somewhat drawn to the seemingly contemporary design details but don't want to deal with the required alterations to get them to fit.
ssssdeb said... (5/27/09 8:31 PM) Reply
I understand fitting for the mature figure. At 45 years old that is not lost on me and I fight it with tons of exercise and diet every single day of my life. What I do NOT understand is that when we use the measurements given on the pattern envelope and the garment is 4x's bigger than that, to me that is not good or understandable drafting. I don't mean to rant here - not at all- so please don't take this as a negative. But when I use the pattern's given measurements I'd like some semblance of the same with a finished garment. I can measure and size, but one of the reasons we use patterns is so at least some of that work is done for us - or we could draft our own otherwise. Having sewn many pattern companies, I am just finding that MT patterns are bigger than most. I have some SB that I plan to do soon, so I will keep the same in mind when I tissue fit / measure, etc. before cutting out :)
DorothyK said... (5/27/09 10:17 AM) Reply
The pants have nice details. I guess it's a matter of getting the right fit. Once you do, I bet you'll love them.
renren said... (5/27/09 8:59 AM) Reply
Well, I think they look nice. Sometimes I think Marcy Tilton and Sandra Betzina may be designing clothes for . . . well, those of us who are past a certain age and are dealing with the body spreading hither and thither, or really for anyone that might have trouble fitting in sizes based on standard proportions. Thus the elastic waist. I don't know this, but I'm pretty sure that's what SB is all about, and I think maybe (from observation) the same with MT. Nonetheless, I think your pants are striking looking on your slender frame. This link will take you to MT's latest version of these pants: http://www.marcytilton.com/item.php?pid=1239&cid=907
gaginny said... (5/27/09 8:08 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I just cut these out yesterday..I also chose to shorten mine and am anxious to get them sewn tos ee how I like them.
Athene said... (5/27/09 0:58 AM) Reply
The pleats and tucks make for very nice detailing and I really like the shoes you chose to wear with the pants.

Mimi G T-Shirt Maxi Dress