Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5799 (A-line dress)

Reviewed by:LindsayT

Last Updated:5/27/09 10:42 AM

kim*brown said... (5/30/09 9:43 PM) Reply
Adorable!
Barbara V said... (5/29/09 10:05 AM) Reply
Pretty dress. So nice to read that DD and friends are impressed with "Mom"!
Kellie R. said... (5/28/09 12:22 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! How exciting that DD's friends are envious of her having a mom that can sew!!! Great job.
cindyann said... (5/28/09 10:47 AM) Reply
How cute is that! Great fabric.
ryan's mom said... (5/28/09 6:40 AM) Reply
Lindsay, that is AWESOME that your daughter loved this. It is such a cute little number, and I can't wait to read your blog post about it today. I've been a neglectful blog reader as of late.
mendospot said... (5/28/09 1:33 AM) Reply
I wouldn't have thought about it being too short but since you mention the shoes she wore with it, it was probably too sexy for school. Then I think about her sitting at her desk and the teacher trying not to take a peek up the dress, not to mention everyone else.
nicegirl said... (5/27/09 3:42 PM) Reply
I am going to have to check out this pattern line from McCall. All the "choose a cup size" patterns I've seen combine A/B and then have separate lines for C and D. There is a big difference between an A and a B!!!!! This came out adorable, your daughter looks great in it.
nglalala said... (5/27/09 2:02 PM) Reply
Very cute dress and cute fabric! It really does not look that short... what a funny story!
Karen6790 said... (5/27/09 1:08 PM) Reply
They wanted to send her home because she looked too cute, obviously! The dress is adorable, and I would have been thrilled if my mom made me something like that when I was in high school.
Mahler said... (5/27/09 1:07 PM) Reply
Super dress ! I love everything about. Your daughter is seams so pretty !
MissFit said... (5/27/09 1:02 PM) Reply
soo cute, i think the only thing that would be problimatic is her choice of pairing it with the heels, with the flats it should be perfectly acceptable and cute! Highschool wasn't that long ago for me and trust me, I wore a lot worse then that, including a corset with nothing under it on Halloween! (I so should have gotten sent home for that one)
RLL said... (5/27/09 12:48 PM) Reply
Very attractive and quite RESPECTABLE, and yes I read your blog!
homejewel said... (5/27/09 11:23 AM) Reply
I just read your blog. I volunteer at my son's high school and see girls wearing dresses shorter than that and let's not even talk about cleavage. I think the dress is so cute and I may have to get it for my high school student!
redhotpepper said... (5/27/09 11:18 AM) Reply
Absolutely adorable! I may have to go out and get that pattern now. Of course, my 40something body will require a longer version!
feldmanTcat said... (5/27/09 11:09 AM) Reply
I love it. I prefer A line styles and this looks great; your daughter is about my size so now I am thinking of trying this myself. Thanks for sharing!
sewbehind said... (5/27/09 11:03 AM) Reply
Cute dress. Had a good laugh about your 'scandalous' dress. Way to go Mom!
EleanorSews said... (5/27/09 10:46 AM) Reply
Too cute! She looks darling in it. The fabric is perfection.

by: QuiltSewSe...