Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4047 (1950's Wardrobe)

Reviewed by:Meggie LuLu

About Meggie LuLustarstarstarstar
OK United States
Member since: 1/26/08
Posted on:5/31/09 10:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts
said... (6/5/09 2:02 PM) Reply
I'm seriously in love with that top!!! its gorgeous!
Nana39 said... (6/1/09 7:23 PM) Reply
Great top love the stripes it looks like something i would have worn in the 50's if i was old enough or could remember that long ago. lol
Em's Summer said... (6/1/09 1:19 PM) Reply
Cute top!
Catbird said... (6/1/09 12:17 PM) Reply
I really like this, and love the proportion and the look of it with the rest of your mini-wardrobe. And I'm going to add my thumbs up for the striped fabric in this style -- it works beautifully, to my eye. Too bad about the short zipper, though! How silly of them to recommend that length. Let's hope you don't need the Jaws of Life to get you in and out of your pretty new top!
carolynw said... (6/1/09 9:57 AM) Reply
Love the top - must get the pattern -
renren said... (5/31/09 11:20 PM) Reply
I don't know . . . maybe a solid would work, too, but I love these stripes. They seem perfect for the style, it's a good color for you, and the top looks perfect paired with the skirts in your mini wardrobe.
Annette1 said... (5/31/09 11:06 PM) Reply
Well, it just goes to show, never judge a book by its "jacket" cover, ha-ha-ha! I never even NOTICED this cute blouse pattern, because I saw the jacket and thought, well, yuck. :o( 'Course then I saw Ryan's Mom's jacket, and my opinion changed. And NOW I see what a cute little top was hiding under there! Fear not: If you don't care for the fabric on this one, you can whip another one up in about five minutes, knowing you. :o) Very cute!
Barbara V said... (5/31/09 10:59 PM) Reply
This is the cutest top! It looks great on you.
Vintage Joan said... (5/31/09 10:44 PM) Reply
Wow, I had even never noticed this pattern before. This top is so lovely on you!! The fabric actually seems perfect for a 1950's top -- the subtle colors look very 1950's to me (from what I remember from my stroller). :)

by: Sweetiebop