Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2795 (Hoodie)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Outerwear
blue mooney said... (6/6/09 7:10 PM) Reply
So cute and so useful!
Jennifer shaw said... (6/6/09 5:16 PM) Reply
Wow, Leslie this looks totally fabu on you!!!
craftygamma said... (6/4/09 1:04 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I like your zipper hint and plan to use it in the future.
Maychi said... (6/4/09 3:41 AM) Reply
Great hoodie! I love that colour on you!
Hilary said... (6/2/09 10:45 PM) Reply
This is a great jacket ~ I love the color! And you gave some wonderful tips-wonder tape is great stuff :o) I think I need this pattern (sitting here freezing in the AC, lo!)!
Kathi R said... (6/2/09 9:57 PM) Reply
Although velour is very Carmela, it could be one of life's guilty pleasures while working in your home office.....it feels much better than it looks. Nice red hoodie - thanks for the review.
CynthiaSue said... (6/2/09 3:12 PM) Reply
Looks like the perfect day to day jacket . You coudn't have picked a better color. Yes velour is very "Carmela" :)
maryfrana said... (6/2/09 3:10 PM) Reply
I really want this pattern. Love the red fleece. I'm inspired that you are already sewing your PR weekend fabrics!
CynthiaSue said... (6/2/09 3:09 PM) Reply
Barbara V said... (6/2/09 10:18 AM) Reply
Great hoodie and one that will no doubt get much use. Nice job with all the details. It looks great on you with perfect fit!
Nancywin said... (6/2/09 10:10 AM) Reply
This turned out great, Leslie. I like your rationale of why you made this now! I'm getting anxious to cut into some of my new fabric purchases.
Christina Sonja said... (6/2/09 0:39 AM) Reply
That was fast - the fabric barely made it into your house! Looks great.
CurlyCrafter said... (6/2/09 0:01 AM) Reply
I love it!
Ingiepops said... (6/1/09 8:09 PM) Reply
Mmmm... great looking hoodie. It's been freezing here in Adelaide lately (down under) so I'm quite happy for you to keep reviewing cold weather garments! lol Thanks for a great detailed review. The colour looks great on you!
Vonnevo said... (6/1/09 6:43 PM) Reply
Fabulous in red !!!! I must splash out on this pattern after seeing Melissa's version up close and now your wonderful red version. Thank you for a VH review:)
Heidi Ho said... (6/1/09 3:50 PM) Reply
Great hoody. Very informative review as well!
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/1/09 2:48 PM) Reply
That is a perfect hoodie and it looks great on you!
MelissaB in WA said... (6/1/09 2:48 PM) Reply
You're so fast and it looks fantastic on you! So glad you found that fabric because it says "Leslie". BTW to all who worry you need a coverstitch to make this sweatshirt, you don't. I only used my serger and sewing machine (and no double needles either). I just single-y topstitched all the seams.
Christas said... (6/1/09 2:21 PM) Reply
Fantastic looking hoodie! The color is very pretty ...... looks great on you!
Deepika said... (6/1/09 2:21 PM) Reply
GREAT construction hints! I am sure these will be helpful to all those making this sweatshirt. RED is your color. Love it!
Diane E said... (6/1/09 2:05 PM) Reply
What a beautiful hoodie. My pattern is on its way -- I wonder how many of those patterns Melissa sold over the PR weekend. I love yours -- the color is spectacular. Thanks for all the construction help in your great review!
Leora said... (6/1/09 1:46 PM) Reply
That's hot, er, cool! Whatever!! I'm sure you'll need it eventually when you come back to Oregon for more fabric :)
homejewel said... (6/1/09 12:44 PM) Reply
What a great looking hoodie! I love it. And you're right about Mill End - it is my favorite store, too, but it's local (which could be catastrophic for the checking account). You should be thankful it's not local for you - I'm having a hard time dealing with temptation daily - lol.
sewtime said... (6/1/09 12:30 PM) Reply
Nice hoodie, I have this pattern and am now excited about making it. Love yours!
homejewel said... (6/1/09 11:07 AM) Reply
jaeng said... (6/1/09 11:00 AM) Reply
Great job on sewing hoodie! I won't touch this project until I have the coverstitch machine. That're alot of seams!
mittensonfabric said... (6/1/09 10:49 AM) Reply
Great hoodie. I just bought this pattern so will have to get busy.
khunter said... (6/1/09 10:49 AM) Reply
I just bought that Jalie pattern one week ago!. I'm looking for navy blue to make without the hood. Haven't found right stuff yet. Summer goes by so fast I better get started on mine soon!!
cabinbaby said... (6/1/09 10:46 AM) Reply
Love that color. I love your hoodie.

Other Eyeglass Case