Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2007-1 (Tank Top)

Reviewed by:Meggie LuLu

About Meggie LuLustarstarstarstar
OK United States
Member since: 1/26/08
Posted on:6/4/09 10:49 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Grammy Gin said... (6/10/09 1:17 PM) Reply
Really cute top! Your idea to add the red fabric to the bottom was very clever... it does make it look like another top underneath! The finishing stitches are absolutely perfect...as everything you make. ;-)
Lisa Merry said... (6/6/09 4:33 PM) Reply
Super cute!! I like the cute print, the binding, and that smart idea for extending the length!
Barbara V said... (6/5/09 10:48 PM) Reply
Very cute tank and perfect fit. You are so creative adding the extension and layering. It's always fun to see what you are sewing.
mssewcrazy said... (6/5/09 6:28 PM) Reply
This tank is so cute. I wear tanks all the time under open shirts. I bought this magazine and had not noticed this pattern until now. You look great in the layered tanks and did a fabulous job on the construction. I admire all the sewing you do and agree with all the above remarks about you and the tank.
21wale said... (6/5/09 1:56 PM) Reply
Very nice! I'm glad to see how this top sews up.
Raye Ann said... (6/5/09 1:49 PM) Reply
great job, Meggielulu! very creative solutions for fitting it exactly as you like it with using a not-quite big-enough stash fabric. i like your ingenuity:)
MelissaB in WA said... (6/5/09 1:01 PM) Reply
That is too cute girlfriend!!! I have made this pattern so many times I've lost count. I did ruin my favorite turquoise one last summer so I need to whip out a new one soon. Love the hem detail, great idea (I just may have to copy you!).
persevering said... (6/5/09 12:42 PM) Reply
What a perfect fit - your tank top is so cute! I so enjoy reading your informative, enthusiastic, encouraging reviews and most of all seeing your smile - Beautiful!
eugenia123 said... (6/5/09 12:05 PM) Reply
Well, you've made the perfect tank top - it looks fabulous and beautifully made.
Meggie LuLu said... (6/5/09 10:08 AM) Reply
CallmeRuth, I did not use a binding attachment. My coverstitch machine does not have attachments. I don't feel confident enough to topstitch the binding without an attachment. Thanks everyone for the very nice comments!! I always enjoy reading them!!
fourkid said... (6/5/09 9:56 AM) Reply
Very well done - cute!
Catbird said... (6/5/09 9:56 AM) Reply
You're turning into a pro before our very eyes! The binding is perfect and the fit is just right. I love the fabric and the layering, too. It looks like you've found yourself a great TNT tank pattern!
Jali said... (6/5/09 9:22 AM) Reply
Cute tank top! Your finishing is really well done.
Pamaro said... (6/5/09 8:46 AM) Reply
What a great idea with the red extension at the bottom. I honestly thought you had on three tanks when I saw the photo. Much less bulk this way! You're such a talented seamstress!
SarahSews said... (6/5/09 8:14 AM) Reply
Meggie, I love reading your reviews, too. It is so encouraging to have you post, as you do beautiful work and make sewing that much more exciting. What a Blessing you are!
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (6/5/09 6:48 AM) Reply
Meggie...this is just too cute! Your sewing skills just keep getting better and better! I love to see ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you make! Interestingly, I always am reminded of you when washing dishes...strange, huh? LOL !
callmeRuth said... (6/5/09 0:38 AM) Reply
Cute tank top! Did you use a coverstitch binding attachment for the binding?
Karen6790 said... (6/5/09 0:05 AM) Reply
Really cute. I tried the 2/2009 camisole, but now I have to dig up my 2007 issue and give this tank a shot. Great job on this.
Sew4Fun said... (6/4/09 11:51 PM) Reply
Great tank! I like how you added the red band along the hem, then layered the tank over another top.
Annette1 said... (6/4/09 11:06 PM) Reply
EXPERTLY crafted, and such a WONDERFUL idea to add the red knit at the bottom. You couldn't have FOUND a better print to go with the "TWO" tanks underneath. :o) I like the bias binding, too. I did the same thing on SOMETHING I made (can't even remember what now), and I really liked the way it laid. BEAUTIFUL!
Sallygirl said... (6/4/09 10:56 PM) Reply
Very cute! I never tire of seeing what you've created. I wish there were more people like you in the world! Your mom must be proud. ;)

Christine Jonson Three Tees