Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7940 (Today's Fit flat front pant)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

About Peggy Lstarstarstar
TN USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:6/7/09 6:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Christas said... (7/27/09 11:51 AM) Reply
These look great on you! They are so well-made! The interlining is such a great feature.
Karla Kizer said... (6/12/09 6:37 PM) Reply
Like Peg, I'm jealous of your custom fit, but you've inspired me to preshrink my new black linen and get busy. Your pants look great.
EleanorSews said... (6/12/09 3:05 PM) Reply
Absolutely great looking pants! the fit is stellar. Thanks for the review ~ lots of useful ideas to think about.
jannw said... (6/11/09 9:02 AM) Reply
Now I'm sorry passed up this pattern! I'll have to try this type of waist..thanx for a great review
renren said... (6/9/09 6:44 AM) Reply
Great looking fit and I think dh did a fine job with the photography!!! And this looks like the top reviewed recently sans buttons, if I recall correctly. Everything looks very nice together.
blue mooney said... (6/8/09 10:13 PM) Reply
These really look great on you! The back is TDF. When you've got a great fitting pattern, all the organza underlining is really, really worth it!
carolynw said... (6/8/09 7:09 PM) Reply
Peggy these look like a really great fit for you - doesn't that feel nice to have a pattern that is so good for you? Now I am going to try and imitate it as I too do not have much of a defined waist - will try to get it off the Vogue web site but am still hesitating as not sure how I feel about contour waist bands - some I have made seem fine - others - not a good thing
RLL said... (6/8/09 4:34 PM) Reply
The fit is wonderful and they look very classy. Nice job.
fryman said... (6/8/09 1:35 PM) Reply
Such a quality pair to slacks. Looks great!
Sherril Miller said... (6/8/09 9:21 AM) Reply
CG is amazing. The fit on these pants is wonderful. How wonderful that you have a TNT pattern. Now you can make pants any time you want. And any leg width you like.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (6/8/09 7:51 AM) Reply
Now THAT's a "Very Helpful" Review!! Thank you, Peggy!!
Re Becca said... (6/8/09 7:48 AM) Reply
Those look great! This is the perfect weather for them. I really envy that perfect fit!
mssewcrazy said... (6/8/09 7:16 AM) Reply
I am wading through CG dvds and desperate for a pants pattern so luckily bought this one on an auction site just now. The pants patterns I have used in the past had such huge legs and were so weird that I gave up. I goggled this pattern and someone said this pattern was very close to some that Land's End sells. Your pants look good-I know you are happy to have a tnt pants pattern.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (6/8/09 6:06 AM) Reply
Great pants..the fit is fantastic !
Danvillegirl said... (6/8/09 5:16 AM) Reply
Very nice pants. Looks like you have perfected the fit.
moushka said... (6/8/09 0:24 AM) Reply
These look great on you and the finishing inside is wonderful. I think I have this pattern somewhere in my stash, you've inspired me to give it a try. Thanks for reminding me of the underlining technique.
Annette1 said... (6/8/09 0:15 AM) Reply
GREAT-LOOKING pants. Most definitely a TNT! I LOVE that they look SO NICE on the inside with the silk organza interlining. I know what you mean about pants pictures. They NEVER look as good as they do in real life, and these look pretty darn good, even with a digital camera (which distorts, in my opinion). :o)
PegL said... (6/7/09 10:43 PM) Reply
Great looking pants! Great review! I'm jealous of your custom fit! I had CG pin fit pants on me one time but I lost something in the translation!
sideseams said... (6/7/09 8:58 PM) Reply
Peggy, your pants fit you to a " T ". Thank you for the great review of this pattern.

by: FreyaStark