Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2009-122 (Blouse with drawstring)

Reviewed by:graustark

About graustarkstar
Member since: 9/7/08
Posted on:6/9/09 10:19 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

solosmocker said... (6/18/09 9:03 AM) Reply
the one without the sleeve bands is definitely my fave. Flattering design. Thanks for your review. I have this traced out and will start the muslin today. I find their description of the front band very consfusing.
amy in mpls said... (6/12/09 5:00 PM) Reply
So cute! Love both versions!
Kellie R. said... (6/10/09 9:54 PM) Reply
Very cute!
Catbird said... (6/10/09 3:11 PM) Reply
Very pretty! I love the color of version #1. I agree that the sleeves give it a Jetsonesque quality, but you wear it well. I think your narrow ruffle idea would work beautifully with this top. What a horror show those BWOF instructions can be! Even simple things are made to seem as complex as a Japanese tea ceremony. Congratulations for perservering.
michellep74 said... (6/10/09 1:09 PM) Reply
Very pretty blouse--both versions! Congrats on persevering through the sleeve bands.
Karen6790 said... (6/10/09 9:38 AM) Reply
I like the sleeveless version - for all that the sleeve bands put you through, I think sleeveless is a better look. I like that the husband attempted to decipher the instructions for you, he's a keeper. Great job.
Christas said... (6/10/09 9:21 AM) Reply
Cute top! The second version is my favorite.
graustark said... (6/10/09 8:03 AM) Reply
Thanks, y'all! And yes, I did put the casing on the outside, since they didn't mention making buttonholes to thread the tie through. Oh, and I bought a bodkin to turn the tie, rather than trying to use pencils or knitting needles and oh WOW am I happy about spending that $3!
CynthiaSue said... (6/10/09 0:52 AM) Reply
i have this cut out! i'm so glad there's a review. your pictures and top are lovely. Did you sew the casing on the outside. ?The instructions don't really say whether to sew it on the outside or inside.
Vintage Joan said... (6/9/09 11:38 PM) Reply
Nice! I agree that the sleeves as designed are a bit "out there" -- I like your idea of making this sleeveless. Your first (non-sleeveless) version is a gorgeous color, though! Oh, and those are the perfect buttons you've used on version 2. It's great that you now have a button trove. Everyone should have one. :) Yay, Aunt Dora!
pterion said... (6/9/09 11:21 PM) Reply
Very nice shirt - I like the one without the sleeve bands best, although both versions are flattering. The vintage buttons were a good score!

Butterick 6520 OOP