Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2931 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:ConnieBJ

About ConnieBJstarstar
ON Canada
Member since: 12/31/03
Posted on:6/11/09 9:12 PM
Last Updated:6/11/09 9:26 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear

velosewer said... (5/21/12 5:43 PM) Reply
This still remains a stunning dress.
CynthiaSue said... (9/15/09 4:37 PM) Reply
i don't even know what to say.... did you do your cardi wrap yet? i'm just going to copy what you do with your cardi wrap. I think I'll just copy everything you do from now on. Seriously, it's so amazing to be reinspired just when I think I have hit a wall in my sewing and have not where to go. Now i have something to aspire too. This is stunning.
Mahler said... (8/17/09 8:23 PM) Reply
You should have been a professionnal wedding dress designer. Nothing more to say. All my admiration goes to you !
laranoelle said... (6/16/09 2:15 PM) Reply
This is absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful gift for your daughter. :)
SheriF said... (6/14/09 6:56 PM) Reply
Wow, wow, wow!
jhansby said... (6/14/09 4:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! And the bolero is absolute genius!! What a great finishing touch!!
Mahogany Stylist said... (6/13/09 6:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful.
Lana E said... (6/13/09 5:00 PM) Reply
Holy Moly what a beautiful creation. I think the only thing more beautiful than the dress would have to be your daughter. But really, your work and finished result is nothing short of breathless.
SoVintage said... (6/13/09 11:49 AM) Reply
OUTSTANDING!
Elekis said... (6/13/09 9:58 AM) Reply
Simply stunning ... I have 2 daughters, 11 and 7 and I too am dreaming of their wedding days. Thankfully I have a few years to perfect my skills but you have given me something to aspire to. Congrats!
lyrae said... (6/13/09 2:05 AM) Reply
Wow. That is just gorgeous. Congratulations!
Raye Ann said... (6/12/09 11:09 PM) Reply
incredible! what a wonderful experience to have with your daughters. your skills are amazing, and the finished product is something wonderful to behold. bravo!
JEF said... (6/12/09 9:06 PM) Reply
THis is wonderful! I so hope I have your talent when my daughter (now 10) decides to marry.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (6/12/09 5:51 PM) Reply
36 buttons!! Ditto! Ditto!!;) ;) Everyone already said everything :( Gorgeous!!
carnelian said... (6/12/09 5:16 PM) Reply
Brava, great work!
nglalala said... (6/12/09 3:11 PM) Reply
The dress is amazing~! Great job!
Kathi R said... (6/12/09 1:56 PM) Reply
You are a sewing goddess!
moonchild61 said... (6/12/09 1:36 PM) Reply
Simply stunning dress and magnificent bride!
Kay Y said... (6/12/09 1:36 PM) Reply
I'm so impressed by this - the dress is really superb, the bolero intriguing as can be, and I just love the photos of the entire wedding party. How proud you must be, and how thrilling (but exhausting) the process of dressing your daughters.
redhotpepper said... (6/12/09 12:32 PM) Reply
WOW! The dress is absolutely stunning and your daughter looks beautiful in it.
Elke said... (6/12/09 12:16 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and beautiful bride!
Kim Winson said... (6/12/09 9:46 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for sharing the wedding photos. The dress, the bride, the bridesmaids, and the happy couple are beautiful.
Frogstitcher said... (6/12/09 9:13 AM) Reply
Amazing! The dress and bride are stunning. I loved the story and I'm looking foward to reading about your next bridal dress adventure.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (6/12/09 7:01 AM) Reply
Stunningly beautiful.
MarthaA24 said... (6/12/09 4:11 AM) Reply
Connie, I've been looking forward to this review. You have 5 lucky daughters as you do beautiful work. Another beautiful wedding dress! I think one daughter is enough for me, wedding dresses are a lot of work!
sewkiwi said... (6/12/09 3:05 AM) Reply
Amazing dress. Its stunning.
TalyQ said... (6/12/09 1:38 AM) Reply
Oh, that is just stunning! Lovely dress.
homejewel said... (6/12/09 0:53 AM) Reply
Absolutely incredible dress. I had to check out the photographer's blog. The photos are all so lovely, then I had to check out your daughter's blog and saw your family picture. You all are gorgeous!
Mary in MS said... (6/12/09 0:39 AM) Reply
absolutely beautiful!
MaryDB said... (6/11/09 11:09 PM) Reply
Wow. Impressive and absolutely gorgeous - daughter and gown both. Nice work.
Sew4Fun said... (6/11/09 10:30 PM) Reply
Wow, divine dress!! You did an outstanding and exceptional job. Kudos to you! I think this is up there with the best wedding dresses reviewed here on PR. Your daughter looks beautiful!
okie2thdoc said... (6/11/09 10:14 PM) Reply
Wonderful job all the way around. Your daughter was absolutely beautiful and your impeccable work helped compliment her on her wedding day!!!
wendlesue said... (6/11/09 10:06 PM) Reply
This is just the BEST review EVER! I also have 5 daughters. One dress down, 4 to go. Your methods are impeccable, and I will definitely be referring back to this review. Bravo! Gorgeous, gorgeous dress, bolero, train, bride, everything!!!
leanmeansewingmachine said... (6/11/09 9:59 PM) Reply
Just beautiful!
Karen6790 said... (6/11/09 9:58 PM) Reply
This was worth the wait. The dress is amazing and Erica was a beautiful bride. I can't imagine the work that went into this and every stitch was worth it.
LisaRM said... (6/11/09 9:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful bride, beautiful dress. Thanks for sharing.
USMCMom said... (6/11/09 9:42 PM) Reply
What a lucky bride to have such a talented and generous mother! And the dress is to die for. I was oogling vicariously all through the review. My DH and I are coming up on 30 years and 5 BOYS, so I know I won't be sewing any wedding dresses for a daughter. But maybe if I keep practising, there might be a grand-daughter's dress in my future... So far, 2 grandsons...and don't get me wrong, I love them to death. But I don't think they'll want to walk down the aisle in a dress. Again..Great job!
Marji said... (6/11/09 9:38 PM) Reply
Connie, that is just fabulous! Really a lovely dress. So happy for you, and your daughters. Thank you for sharing this experience.
Ann Smith said... (6/11/09 9:23 PM) Reply
Fantastic. I love the dress and your daughter looks gorgeous in it but I am stunned by the bolero. That is so amazing. You did a paper draft in 10 minutes? I am in awe.

Other Sew Sweetness