Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2649 (Misses' Dress in Two Lengths)

Reviewed by:Just T

Posted on:6/14/09 9:05 AM
Last Updated:6/15/09 10:48 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people

Karendee said... (6/15/09 2:09 PM) Reply
Lovely dress quite in keeping with your "theme." BTW, I love your blog.
EleanorSews said... (6/15/09 1:18 PM) Reply
It lloks like the perfect summer dress when you have to be out in the heat and just don't want anything restrictive on. You might want to consider tissue fitting and measuring the flat pieces to check on the amount of ease, but I'm thinking crazygrad has a good thought that perhaps this one is supposed to be a looser fit.
NC Carol said... (6/15/09 10:58 AM) Reply
Cute dress! I know what it's like to sew something and then have the finished dress not fit the way you like. I used to compare my pattern pieces to similar items in my closet to get a sense of the fit before I cut things out. In Jan. 2009 I took the "Fit for Real People" class at a local sewing store. Now I tissue fit the pattern and pin fit the garment. A lot of work! But my sewing projects definitely fit better. Good luck and keep on sewing!
lyrae said... (6/14/09 10:21 AM) Reply
Here's something: I've also done one of the Simplicity "It's So Easy" dresses and it had waaay more ease than I expected. (In fact, the tissue says 7" ease, which I've since found out is at the high end for women's dresses.) It wound up way baggier than the body-skimming photo on the envelope. Your review makes me wonder if that line is drafted larger than their other patterns.
crazygrad said... (6/14/09 9:17 AM) Reply
From the pic, the dress is cute. Looking at the pattern, it doesn't look formfitting. Perhaps it is meant to be a looser dress?

Kwik Sew 2952

by: FreyaStark

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2013-115

by: tsedai

Christine Jonson Pleat Front Dress

Christine Jonson Pleat Front Dress

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)