Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2793 (Tunics)

Reviewed by:addicted2fabric

About addicted2fabricstar
Member since: 2/8/07
Posted on:6/20/09 6:10 AM

canei said... (6/21/09 10:32 PM) Reply
homejewel said... (6/20/09 11:06 AM) Reply
You did such a beautiful job on this. I agree with the other person who commented on one fabric instead of using contrasting fabrics. It gives it a whole new look - very sophisticated. Great job.
Mebber said... (6/20/09 10:46 AM) Reply
Excellent review and beautiful finished product. Keep sewing for yourself - you are on a great path and will continue to find patterns that fit as you experiment. This is beautiful and flattering on you....
renren said... (6/20/09 9:39 AM) Reply
I bought just a few Jalies but this one did not appeal to me. HOWEVER, after seeing your beautiful tunic, I am reconsidering. It really is perfect.
Judy Wentz said... (6/20/09 9:16 AM) Reply
Wow! What a beautiful tunic.
no7262 said... (6/20/09 8:06 AM) Reply
Great Job! I really LOVE they way you did this top! All in one color makes it look so different then how it is done on the pattern. I thought it was "cute" before, but now I might give it a try for myself! I am also going to check out the jean pattern you talked about in your post! Thank you! Nora :)
Ronda Rae said... (6/20/09 7:35 AM) Reply
Great review- I can feel your excitement and I'm excited for you. It's a wonderful feeling to be able to create an article of clothing that you LOVE. The pieces you've reviewed are wonderful!
addicted2fabric said... (6/20/09 7:11 AM) Reply
Thank you for your lovely comments. Donna mel, I'll get my daughter to take a photo of me wearing it when she gets home tomorrow night. It is quite fitted, pretty close to how it fits the mannequin. This pattern does have a second view option, with gathers at the centre front which would add a little fullness and help hide any bits that dont suit a tighter fit. Others who have reviewed this pattern have said they simply drafted the pattern out a little to add some extra fullness too. Its a very adaptable pattern. It also looks great made longer as a dress, as another reviewer has shown.
Jules In Oz said... (6/20/09 7:09 AM) Reply
This top is gorgeous! I have also recently discovered how fantastic Jalie patterns are and I am definately going to try this one next.
donna mel said... (6/20/09 7:03 AM) Reply
i love it! i haven't seen this pattern before and will order it. i'd love to see photos on you - is it fitted or loose in the waist area?
eugenia123 said... (6/20/09 6:15 AM) Reply
What a really great top and it looks beautifully made.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-110