Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2702 (Misses or Miss Petite Dresses)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:6/23/09 11:40 PM
Last Updated:6/24/09 6:09 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops

sewin said... (7/31/12 9:48 AM) Reply
I like it. I'm looking for a summer dress or two myself. I'm particularly looking for something loose to be comfortable in. I like it on you.
Deepika said... (6/25/09 2:40 PM) Reply
Really cute dress Nancy!
Bonnie123 said... (6/25/09 9:13 AM) Reply
You are tooooo hard on yourself. This dress is absolutely gorgeous. It looks great on you. You did a great job. I understand that we all like a certain fit; but the dress is darling!
meli88a said... (6/24/09 9:49 PM) Reply
This is a very cute dress - good save by taking in the sides!
Nancywin said... (6/24/09 8:54 PM) Reply
Thanks for all of your comments. I'm much happier with the dress now that I took it in at the sisdes
renren said... (6/24/09 7:43 PM) Reply
Well, I've got to say, I'm really okay with this dress. As the temperatures soar, I don't want fabric hanging around my waist. This dress looks easy, breezy to wear and the neckline finish is just the perfect detail. Of course, how you feel in your clothes is almost everything, but I will not vote this dress off the island. Cute!
CynthiaSue said... (6/24/09 4:58 PM) Reply
The outside band is gorgeous. Doesn't look like you have problems at all with this type of neckband. I think it is a lovely dress that "tents" even on the model. I would take it in at the sides and maybe even shorten it some and maybe go sleeveless. It's the combo of the girly swing and sleeves that makes it look younger(like 10 years old on everyone, not just you.). This neckline style is so in. Don't give it up if you don't want to! Yes try cinching with belt. that's a great idea.
Grammy Gin said... (6/24/09 4:58 PM) Reply
I think you look VERY nice in this dress. You fabric choices are great!
khunter said... (6/24/09 12:22 PM) Reply
The neckband placket is PERFECT! I have some fabric like this in my stash. I never thought about putting a floral print with it. It looks wonderful! You do such beautiful work.
carolynw said... (6/24/09 9:50 AM) Reply
Nancy I think this looks very nice on you and hope you will wear it but I sure can relate to your statement "don't know why I thought this would look good on me" having just made (using expensive fabric) a top that even though DH says it looks nice on me I don't think anyone in the outside world is ever goign to see me in it - it is just now "me"
BillieJean said... (6/24/09 5:23 AM) Reply
I think this is cute, but I sure can relate to your statement "I'm not sure why I thought this style would look good on me." I have made so many wadders recently for the very same reason.
arianamaniacs said... (6/24/09 3:56 AM) Reply
I think it would also look darling layered with an underskirt (maybe in same fabric as yoke) and tied at the waist with a belt!
Elona said... (6/24/09 0:35 AM) Reply
The dress is very cute, actually, but speaking as a not-very-tall, bosomy woman, I find that dresses with unconstrained fullness at or just below the bust make me appear pretty top-heavy. For this reason, not many of the current crop of patterns with yokes and gathers up top call to me.
sewtime said... (6/23/09 11:43 PM) Reply
I think you look very pretty in your dress. Sorry you don't like it.

No Pattern Used Kid's Pillow Case