Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:addicted2fabric

About addicted2fabricstar
NEW ZEALAND
Member since: 2/8/07

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:6/25/09 6:20 AM
Last Updated:6/25/09 5:02 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
Bambi Lynne said... (2/10/10 12:11 PM) Reply
What an experience! I don't think I would have had the persistence you had. IMHO I would say that yes, you should have started out with a smaller size. It's my understanding that using the hip measurement is most accurate, although you were trying to compensate for non-stretch denim. To me, every garment I make is a learning experience! I'm waiting for my Jalie jeans pattern to arrive so soon I will have my turn to try it out. Thanks for sharing!
Athene said... (1/16/10 1:07 PM) Reply
You jeans are great. Thank you so much for such a great and informative review. All the work you have done is truly inspirational to me.
nancy2001 said... (6/27/09 8:30 AM) Reply
Your jeans look great.
Sew4Fun said... (6/26/09 7:09 AM) Reply
Your jeans look great and your review is very helpful. Btw a quik-unpick is also known as a seam ripper.
khunter said... (6/25/09 9:02 PM) Reply
so cute! I'm not a fan of stretch denim. I don't really know why, but it just doesn't look good on me...Love your review, I might try t his pattern.
Raye Ann said... (6/25/09 5:23 PM) Reply
your determination is commendable:) thank you for being the first to test this "non-stretch" issue with everyone's fav jean pattern. maybe one day i will tackle it... i recently bought about 5 yds of designer denim remnant, non-stretch, so we will see...
Deepika said... (6/25/09 2:39 PM) Reply
As I was reading your review I was thinking to myself, maybe she just started with a bigger size... and that's what it is. You perseverance is commendable. You made these work for you and they look great. I enjoyed reading your review too!
Michelle L said... (6/25/09 10:14 AM) Reply
Thanks for a fantastic review. In spite of everything, I think your jeans are really, really cute! I love te contrast fabric, and given your struggles, the fit is great. I really like the v-shaped waist band in the back, it is done so well, it looks like you did it deliberately.
becca a said... (6/25/09 10:05 AM) Reply
Wow, your jeans look great! I was dubious about making these jeans in nonstretch fabric after Emilie emailed me that the pattern hadn't been tested for nonstretch denim and she didn't think they would be comfortable. Thank you for taking on this project and reviewing it. You have inspired me to try a nonstretch pair too!
Bonnie123 said... (6/25/09 9:02 AM) Reply
You did a great job. You are a true Sewer/Seamstress because you took on this project knowing that you would have to alter it because of the non-strecth denim. Nontheless, you did a fantastic job and these jeans can be marketed! :)
sewing for fun said... (6/25/09 8:45 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the details. The jeans look great and I LOVE your contrast pockets!
Sallygirl said... (6/25/09 8:38 AM) Reply
Awesome job! I love your contrasting pockets. What an inspiring review! I love your last paragraph -- describes sewists to a tee -- all worn out and ready to do it all over again. Thanks for including all the information you did. It was super helpful!
Flying Seamstress said... (6/25/09 8:38 AM) Reply
These jeans are certainly a testament to your fortitude...GREAT JOB!!! You have forged the way and I know others have eagerly aniticipated a review of this pattern in non-stretch denim. Great, great review and you turned out a stylish, well-fitting pair of jeans!
Jatman said... (6/25/09 8:13 AM) Reply
Incredibly cute! Love the fabric you used and really nice fit!
Nancy Rhodes said... (6/25/09 7:57 AM) Reply
Your determination is inspiring! Fun to read review... loved the part about the blue grass growing in the carpet.... Keep at it! You will win the battle of the needle....
donna mel said... (6/25/09 7:26 AM) Reply
great review, and the pants came out really well! you've learned a ton and have a new pair of pants...what more can you ask for?
betsyross said... (6/25/09 7:09 AM) Reply
Great story, interesting review. For someone who doesn't know anything about pattern alterations, I think you are well on your way to being an expert!
chelsy21 said... (6/25/09 6:59 AM) Reply
I love the contrasting fabric! These look great! Good job!
wreninrome said... (6/25/09 6:38 AM) Reply
wow! way to go...you are very brave
Sallygirl said... (6/24/09 8:41 PM) Reply
Bless you for being the first guinea pig. I'm eager to hear the outcome after all your hard work. You inspire me to be more persevering!

Contest Travel Wardrobe Contest