Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4920

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

Sweater knit fabrics

lynda828 said... (6/27/09 6:58 AM) Reply
Fantastic pattern, I agree with Sherill Miller I would love to see the neckline lowered a little for a modern twist. The fit is perfect and loooove the colour on you - perfect
Sew4Fun said... (6/27/09 1:28 AM) Reply
Another great dress! I like your whole look with the dress and your fab hairstyle.
MamaSewing said... (6/26/09 11:54 PM) Reply
Another terrific dress!!! Great job.
Annette1 said... (6/26/09 10:33 PM) Reply
GREAT dress, Andrea. I too love that waistline treatment, as well as the COLOR of your fabric. AND I don't think it looks too big either! :o)
JudiBee2 said... (6/26/09 6:39 PM) Reply
That is a very nice dress on you. You did a great job grading it.
Andreahg said... (6/26/09 6:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the kinds words!
Riesie said... (6/26/09 4:41 PM) Reply
I think this looks terrific on you - both the dress and the color, which is SUPER! And the weird thing is, I am pretty sure I made this dress when I was a teenager, LOL!! Now I am going to have to troll through my mom's old photo albums to see if I'm right.
michellep74 said... (6/26/09 4:18 PM) Reply
I think this looks great on you--you really should wear it, if for nothing other than the color. The fit looks fine.
feldmanTcat said... (6/26/09 4:11 PM) Reply
I am so glad you made this - this was one of the first patterns I bought and I am afraid to tackle it, as those pleats look scary. Love the look, great job, PLEASE make it again so we can see more. This looks great and I agree, a very stiff firm fabric is key.
CynthiaSue said... (6/26/09 2:51 PM) Reply
the color really "pops" on you!! looks great. Linen is a pain sometimes!! It lets me down more often than not. Wear it often this summer though!
moonchild61 said... (6/26/09 2:40 PM) Reply
Love the dress and the bow just makes it!
Auntie Allyn said... (6/26/09 1:43 PM) Reply
There's just something so special about a vintage pattern -- doncha just love 'em??!! Excellent job!
msladyj said... (6/26/09 1:20 PM) Reply
Love the dress. It looks wonderful.
Sherril Miller said... (6/26/09 12:17 PM) Reply
You really do rock those vintage patterns. This one doesn't look too loose in the waist, it's perfect. The neckline looks like it could come down some, however. I just found the old Dick Van Dyke shows on Netflix. Laura Petre wore the most beautiful dresses and slacks. Too bad it's in B/W.
Flying Seamstress said... (6/26/09 12:15 PM) Reply
Oh, I do love the style lines and pleats on this dress! Very, very flattering on you so do make another. :)

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2013-115