Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1721 (Jacket, Dress or Jumper)

Reviewed by:sueinfl

About sueinfl
Member since: 8/1/08
Posted on:6/28/09 11:42 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

SondraG said... (7/20/09 12:00 PM) Reply
I love it! The fabric is indeed an odd color and style, but you picked an excellent way to use it.
2 Airedales n Me said... (7/20/09 6:59 AM) Reply
What fun to see how your vision for this "yucky" fabric came to life. I love these colors - so much so I have a large and small leather bag in it, shoes and most recently earrings. It's a great color and your outfit turned out super. Way to go!
Moxie Carol said... (7/11/09 2:22 PM) Reply
Yikes! I remember this fabric from the 60s - only in orange! It was ugly on windows, much less to wear it! What a simple and fabulous transformation you made of it - makes me wish I had those old orange curtains...
pterion said... (7/7/09 4:14 PM) Reply
you transformed that ugly fabric! Very nice jacket - I'd totally wear that.
CarolynGM said... (7/7/09 7:26 AM) Reply
Pairing your "ugly" fabric with a solid and using a simple style resulted in a very attractive pair of garments.
Nancy Rhodes said... (7/6/09 10:21 PM) Reply
My new favorite color is lime green and all it's near kissin' cousin of apple, and kiwi and on and on, I love your 'results' and a swan has emerged... you have my vote.ll
RuthieSews said... (7/4/09 2:36 PM) Reply
Great jacket, great vision! really love it (I am really into vibrant green this year!)
AnneM said... (7/2/09 6:37 PM) Reply
Ok, I believe! That was an ugly fabric (or at least, I would have had a hard time figuring out what to do with it). But your outfit is NOT ugly at all. The texture of the fabric makes a great jacket, and it was perfect that you found the matching solid fabric.
petro said... (7/2/09 4:05 PM) Reply
This looks really clasy, not at all 'ugly'. I can see why you fell for the vibrant colour, the textured surface works with that toning plain.
sewfossy said... (6/30/09 1:11 PM) Reply
I love how this turned out!
Sherril Miller said... (6/30/09 12:36 PM) Reply
Your fabric is indeed ugly all alone. However, once you sewed it into this beautiful cardigan, it is lovely.
barbcl said... (6/29/09 10:49 AM) Reply
Looks fantastic in really great fabrics. I like the contrast/matching of the fabrics, which really add a couture touch. Anything but ugly!
Woolygal said... (6/29/09 7:27 AM) Reply
Wow, a vintage pattern that looks so up to the minute. I love it.
Mary Nanna said... (6/29/09 2:25 AM) Reply
Great job! This looks great. How lovely to remember your mother in this way, I think that is so sweet and so gorgeous what you have done with it.
Oceanpeg said... (6/29/09 1:00 AM) Reply
It does look like curtain/drapery fabric. I like the way it looks with the matching fabric and being worn as a set as you have done with it.
Miss Fairchild said... (6/28/09 8:11 PM) Reply
Great choice of ugly fabric! At first, I thought it was old drapery fabric from the 60's.
Judy Kski said... (6/28/09 1:40 PM) Reply
I REALLY like what you did with your "ugly" fabric. The pairing of the two fabrics are works great and the overall color is very "in" right now. What a transformation from the original picture to the final garments. Good luck with the contest!

by: JuneHawk

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Wonder Wallet Paper Pattern