Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2977 (Threads Magazine collection)

Reviewed by:tourist

About touriststar
BC CANADA
Member since: 7/23/07
Posted on:7/1/09 1:01 PM
Last Updated:7/15/09 3:48 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts
Miss Fairchild said... (4/10/11 10:06 PM) Reply
Now I get to see what the whole dress looks like, and it's GORGEOUS!! Fabulous design. And all of the work--you're awesome.
Scheri said... (2/25/11 5:27 PM) Reply
Congratulations...I am sure you will dance into the winners circle with this beautiful dress
DNyght said... (2/25/11 3:09 PM) Reply
Oh, this is beautiful! You two look wonderful together! (And every bit as classy looking as the professional dresses I've seen on the floor.)
SoVintage said... (5/19/10 12:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful work...Love the details
Jolet said... (7/16/09 5:00 AM) Reply
Lovely dress! I hope you've got high remarks for the dancing last weekend!
tr1c14 said... (7/15/09 4:51 PM) Reply
Wow, what a fabulous dress - and I'm glad you met your competition goal.
tourist said... (7/15/09 3:39 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone. We did achieve our main goal, which was to not come last;-) The dress did dance like a dream, and when I see the photos with false eyelashes and ALL that makeup, I feel very, very pale IRL. Could I swap my 2 minutes a day makeup routine for a 90 minute routine.....? LOL
waltzqueen said... (7/15/09 3:34 PM) Reply
Really nice gown! I'll bet it dances like a dream. I hope you did well in the competition. I competed until about 3 years ago and the best part was definitely the gowns!! OH, and the eyelashes.
GlButterfly said... (7/7/09 1:59 AM) Reply
You can be very proud of this dress. It's gorgeous in an outstanding color. Good luck in the competition.
tourist said... (7/3/09 10:02 AM) Reply
Thanks for the comment, SheBear. You have been unbelievably helpful with this project. Thank you!
SheBear0320 said... (7/2/09 9:50 PM) Reply
I have been following your progress in the making of this dress and I must say it has turned out absolutely fantastic. You did an awesome job and should be very proud of yourself. Good luck in the competition in Portland next week.
Jane S said... (7/2/09 6:44 PM) Reply
Wow, you are already a winner for sewing such a fantastic dress. One of my friends has made a few of her competition gowns so I know something about how challenging this is. bravo!!
marec said... (7/2/09 11:09 AM) Reply
My gosh! That is beautiful. Good luck in Portland.
tourist said... (7/2/09 10:28 AM) Reply
Thanks for the comments everyone. I forgot to say that I added large godets between some of the princess seams to make the hemline wider. I would have put them in every seam but ran out of fabric. This was actually thrift store fabric I bought to make muslins - $7.50. The organza was inexpensive and the crystals not so much. :-)
AnneMarie60 said... (7/2/09 8:14 AM) Reply
Very creative! I love the embellishments on the dress and the arm pieces you made. Good luck!
Kellie R. said... (7/2/09 7:41 AM) Reply
Lovely dress! Good luck at your comptetition!
morzel said... (7/2/09 1:57 AM) Reply
Would have never thought about a regular pattern for a ball gown - it turned out great! You will look wonderful on that competition floor.
Raye Ann said... (7/1/09 10:58 PM) Reply
great dress and good luck in the competition!
Athene said... (7/1/09 9:13 PM) Reply
So very beautiful - good luck in the ballroom dancing competition.
Leora said... (7/1/09 3:19 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!
Laurie Lou said... (7/1/09 2:52 PM) Reply
OK....It is a work of art but next time take pix of the progress. Your review sounds so interesting but confuses me with the miniskirt and leotard. Is taht under the dress? Anyway it will be fun to see the next one too and GOOD luck at the competition!
Christas said... (7/1/09 2:38 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!
colormefun said... (7/1/09 2:35 PM) Reply
All the work it took to for the appliques and crystals was worth it!
Em's Summer said... (7/1/09 1:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful dancing dress!
Auntie Allyn said... (7/1/09 1:38 PM) Reply
Looks gorgeous -- and you'll look fabulous on the ballroom floor!

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2005-101B