Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7975 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE JACKET)

Reviewed by:LindsayT

About LindsayTstarstarstar
Member since: 8/2/07
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:7/2/09 12:49 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Other Projects by LindsayT using this Pattern

Karen6790 said... (7/8/09 11:02 PM) Reply
When you get tired of this (like that's going to happen!) you can just bundle it up and send it on down to me. It's perfect.
Jane S said... (7/6/09 10:28 AM) Reply
Love your new jacket, so light and comfy for summer but also so very stylish.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (7/4/09 6:57 AM) Reply
Just one word......PERFECT !
HLT said... (7/3/09 9:35 PM) Reply
This is so timeless! Great tips! Love that you did not use any facing!
becca a said... (7/3/09 9:20 AM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful and so Chanel.
carolynw said... (7/3/09 9:02 AM) Reply
Very, very nice - this pattern is a definite TNT in my stash - sytle is right on and can be adapted so many many ways
Fran G said... (7/3/09 8:20 AM) Reply
How inspiring and motivating! Thanks for the review. Is there a place where we can read about attaching the pockets ala' Marj?
LindsayT said... (7/3/09 7:55 AM) Reply
To answer how I dealt with excess ease at the top of my sleeve caps, I basically just basted, fit, rebasted, trimmed excess and stitched until I got the fit I was looking for. That's it, no magic tips, other than silk thread is wonderful for basting. I'm so glad you all like my jacket.
morzel said... (7/3/09 4:32 AM) Reply
This is such a stylish jacket! Great idea for summer, a jeansjacket/blouse/chaneljacket crossover.
cmarie12 said... (7/3/09 0:22 AM) Reply
I saw this in person and it is sooooo lovely! LT, I didn't realize that all of these came from 7975! I've really got to try that pattern!
redhotpepper said... (7/2/09 10:40 PM) Reply
So funny, I just bought this pattern today and here is your lovely jacket and review! Love the white and navy.
Catbird said... (7/2/09 9:07 PM) Reply
What a great summer jacket! It looks fantastic on you. I like your tip about the pocket placement and hope to hear how you dealt with the excess sleeve cap ease. There is a lot of conflicting information about this. Well done!
nancyc said... (7/2/09 9:06 PM) Reply
I love your jacket! The combination of fabric and trim is perfect. Beautiful!!!
Christas said... (7/2/09 7:16 PM) Reply
What an absolutely gorgeous jacket!
Aixoise said... (7/2/09 1:20 PM) Reply
Beautiful summer jacket. I love this pattern, too. What method did you use to remove the sleeve-cap ease?
LindsayT said... (7/2/09 1:10 PM) Reply
Terri, I marked and applied the pockets before I added the lining. This works for me. One trick is to place the pockets on one side, chalk them up, then place the other side directly on top so the chalk rubs off and indicates pocket placement. In this case, I eyeballed it. Big pain, though.
Terri Smith said... (7/2/09 1:03 PM) Reply
This is so nice. Thank you for the great tips on the sleeves and the petersham. Did you mark your pocket placement when you cut your fabric or did you try to mark the pockets after construction? I never seem to get the pockets even and would like to know how others accomplish this task.
Erica B. said... (7/2/09 12:57 PM) Reply
Lindsay, your jacket is gorgeous! I can't get enough of Chanel jackets! I want to make another one for the Fall. Yours is such great inspiration!
The Technique of Underlining Garments