Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> M5433 (The Perfect Shirt)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:7/2/09 10:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
Riv said... (1/11/10 9:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for your detailed review. I will be sure to re-look at your review as I get started.
OP Gal said... (9/10/09 5:28 PM) Reply
I pulled this pattern out of my stash to sew and decided to see what PR had to say about it. Your and clin's reviews are very helpful. I intend for this to be a TNT basic shirt pattern to be used over and over. Your blouse is lovely as is the BWOF one. This one fits perfectly. You've done a beautiful job. Can't tell with the other since it's on a dress form. Thanks for the thorough review. I'll be printing it out for reference as I sew.
Jane S said... (7/6/09 10:37 AM) Reply
Nancy, this review is so inspiring to me. I'm on a quest this summer to make a well-fitted blouse and your experience in taking it a step at a time is invaluable.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (7/4/09 6:55 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse, Nancy !
FreyaStark said... (7/3/09 6:51 PM) Reply
A nice shirt. Although the fit is generous, it looks good on you.
wreninrome said... (7/3/09 10:48 AM) Reply
thanks for a great review...i'll have to check out this pattern now
marec said... (7/3/09 9:24 AM) Reply
What a pretty linen shirt-thanks for a terrific review with so much info about FFRP. The collar does add polish to this sleeveless top. Beautiful.
Rhoda K said... (7/3/09 9:18 AM) Reply
A great looking shirt and, as always, a very good review. Thanks.
carolynw said... (7/3/09 9:00 AM) Reply
Looks very nice - just made this and wuill shortly post my review - agree that it is agood pattern with lots and lots of helpful directions making it easy for a newer sewist
Barbara V said... (7/3/09 8:57 AM) Reply
Your linen shirt looks terrific. Going the extra mile with fitting really paid off. Lovely work! And I've added the fabric shop to my long favorites list.
marjenann said... (7/3/09 8:40 AM) Reply
I love your new classic white shirt. It was definitely worth the extra time and steps for its construction. You look awesome!!
mssewcrazy said... (7/3/09 8:37 AM) Reply
Your new shirt is very nice looking. I added this pattern as I have purchased PP dvds and thought their patterns would work well with their methods - nice to know they do.
frame said... (7/2/09 11:54 PM) Reply
Great fitting shirt. Wonderful review. Thanks. Thanks for the source for nice linen.
donna wicks said... (7/2/09 11:43 PM) Reply
Great shirt! (As usual you have sewn another pretty top)> Love to see your items.
Athene said... (7/2/09 10:59 PM) Reply
Well worth the effort. A very attractive fit.
Christas said... (7/2/09 10:57 PM) Reply
Thanks for the wonderful review! I did not know about the mini courses in the Palmer Pletsch patterns. I don't really NEED any patterns, but I am always wanting to learn fitting methods. You just sold a pattern! Oh, and your shirt looks wonderful!
khunter said... (7/2/09 10:53 PM) Reply
You did it again! another great review. There is nothing better than a great white linen shirt. Great job!!!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS