Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2008-119 (beach cover-up)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:7/8/09 11:03 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

kerrynw said... (7/14/09 11:48 AM) Reply
Stunning fabric, stunning dress and stunning daughter!!!
Grammy Gin said... (7/9/09 9:38 AM) Reply
Your daughter looks radiant in this beautiful sun dress/beach cover up. The fabric from Ann is beautiful, you are lucky to have such a df and your daughter is lucky to have you to sew for her. And in return, you are lucky she enjoys wearing the things you make for her. She is beautiful!
Lisa Laree said... (7/9/09 7:59 AM) Reply
That's a fabulous interpretation of that dress! I love what you did with the print...very pretty!
Valerie S said... (7/9/09 6:49 AM) Reply
It's beautiful and your daughter is a knock out!
Sew tell me said... (7/9/09 2:22 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
JessB said... (7/9/09 1:25 AM) Reply
Wow. Wow. Wow! I think this is my favourite maxi dress that I've seen so far on PR. I love rayon and I can imagine just how gorgeous this dress is in 'real life'. thanks for the great review.
Peacock Chic said... (7/8/09 10:48 PM) Reply
oh wow that came out great!!! love it!
Ann Smith said... (7/8/09 9:15 PM) Reply
This looks so fantastic on Kristen. It looked great on the hanger but even better on her. Your photos look like a professional shoot with the fan blowing her hair just so!
MissCelie said... (7/8/09 8:31 PM) Reply
That dress is so hot! I love it!
Raye Ann said... (7/8/09 7:46 PM) Reply
i love this! great job- the fit is very flattering. i love the pleated skirt treatment- i am in the process of making a maxi dress for myself and am going to pin fit a "pleated" skirt to see if that will be more flattering than the gathered skirt recommended by the pattern. thanks for the review and great tips!
DorothyK said... (7/8/09 6:55 PM) Reply
This is a wonderful dress. You did such a good job getting the fabric design in the right places. It's a perfect fit and looks so comfy. But then, what wouldn't look good on your gorgeous DD?
wineyjudy said... (7/8/09 6:13 PM) Reply
Great dress, great review!
Amanda S. said... (7/8/09 5:02 PM) Reply
Oh, I just love it!!! I wish I had this issue. Your daughter looks beautiful!
KrystalL said... (7/8/09 4:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
21wale said... (7/8/09 2:36 PM) Reply
Wow! Lovely.
busymomof3 said... (7/8/09 2:16 PM) Reply
double posted
busymomof3 said... (7/8/09 2:15 PM) Reply
I LOVE this!! Your daughter is beautiful wearing this lovely dress! Watch out, others might be wanting to put an order in! (I want one!!)
Barbara V said... (7/8/09 2:15 PM) Reply
Thank you all. VtMartha on the rack are some of the other garments that Ann and I sewed while in our very fun "sewing frenzy" and we have been gradually posting reviews on them. - Here is Ann's review of the specific garment you refer to: http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/readreview.pl?readreview=1&reviewnum=41016 . Also if you would like to read more about the sewing retreat, check out Ann's blog: http://annsthreads.blogspot.com/
VtMartha said... (7/8/09 1:51 PM) Reply
How lovely is that! The fabric is perfect. And I'm curious to know what else is hanging on that rack - especially the gray with the yellow and pink flowers. I have that fabric as well.
Cowtown Karen said... (7/8/09 1:48 PM) Reply
Just stunning! I'm inspired!
Seaspur said... (7/8/09 1:42 PM) Reply
Wow, that is one beautiful dress!
poplin said... (7/8/09 1:30 PM) Reply
Oh, wow!! Gorgeous!
Knitters Delight said... (7/8/09 1:07 PM) Reply
I've been trying to make a successful maxi-dress all weekend without success. Love this one.
Twinset said... (7/8/09 1:00 PM) Reply
Utterly beautiful sundress... in fact I want one like that!! You can definitely tell from who DD got her good looks! :-) The fabric you used is fantastic.
swede said... (7/8/09 12:45 PM) Reply
Wow, this dress is gorgeous, and the fit is perfect. I love the straps, and what a beautiful print too.
BeckyW said... (7/8/09 12:39 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress. I want one!
Christas said... (7/8/09 11:40 AM) Reply
I keep seeing all these pretty maxi dresses on PR. I always think they look pretty on everyone else, but not for me. The maxi you made your daughter is the first one to make me think I might want a maxi dress for myself. Your fabric and fit are so perfect. Your daughter looks like a gorgeous knock-out in her Mom-made dress!
Gold said... (7/8/09 11:18 AM) Reply
Great job! I know she is loving her maxi dress!
Kristine Kay said... (7/8/09 11:10 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous... both the dress and your daughter! Just wonderful!

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB322