Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2319 (Zippered Hoodie and Sweater)

Reviewed by:MaryBeth

About MaryBethstarstarstar
Member since: 1/1/03
Posted on:1/8/04 10:34 PM
Last Updated:1/9/04 0:40 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Outerwear

Mbarkle said... (1/13/04 5:44 PM) Reply
Mary Beth, it looks great. I ordered this pattern today. Sounds like microfleece would be perfect for it -- thanks for the useful info.
Debbie Spriggs said... (1/10/04 8:20 AM) Reply
Your vest came out cute! I like what I can see of the tee too. I made a tee out of the same EOS knit. Cute combo!
Danvillegirl said... (1/9/04 8:18 PM) Reply
I echo the others, I think the vest looks good. Adding this to my wish list. Planning to buy some Jalie patterns and may go for this one as well.
CarrieA said... (1/9/04 12:28 PM) Reply
MaryBeth, I think it looks great on you. Hoodies are everywhere in the stores now. The designer ones are very close fitting with smaller pockets just like the fit of your vest. I think they are supposed to be worn almost like a close fitting t-shirt with nothing under. Very cute! This pattern looks like you could easily duplicate Juicy Coutour sweats that cost $300+ (if we could only find the cashmere knits!).
amyf said... (1/9/04 8:40 AM) Reply
I just got this pattern. Thanks for the review and the helpful warnings. Might have to snag some sweater knits from Wazoodle tonight!
CindyK said... (1/9/04 7:53 AM) Reply
I think it came out great. I made one from "alpaca fleece" which was also too heavy, and not quite enough stretch, though it met the requirements. I think this is meant to be more of a "sweatshirt" than a coat. I did made the full hoodie, and found that part to be large, though overall in the body it ran small and I had to give it to my teenage daughter. When I can get her to pose, I'll take a picture and do a full review. By the way Wazoodle has some of the Malden sweater knits, and I think a few are on the yard sale.
Deepika said... (1/9/04 7:11 AM) Reply
When I saw the patttern photo of this pattern I knew the pockets had to be small. But MaryBeth your vest looks very good. I like the bottom band. Gives it a very RTW look. I am dying to know where you got the MM sweater knit. I didn't even know that type of fabric existed.
Gigi Louis said... (1/9/04 6:04 AM) Reply
It turned out really cute, Mary Beth! I am in the process of making this too - great minds think alike, haha. :-)

Simplicity 5731 Doll Clothes